Jump to content

2 powerbass 3k's for $500


Loudcivic

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just bought all 4 of these! Thanks for this link!!!!

bastard i was seriously contemplating it.

These should run 4 XL 18s quite nicely.

Posted

I just bought all 4 of these! Thanks for this link!!!!

bastard i was seriously contemplating it.

These should run 4 XL 18s quite nicely.

says 6500 peak but says it has 4 gauge inputs

:shrug:

thats linked watts. and i thought that they had 1/0 inputs

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Posted

i heard the 3k's were designed poorly and were known to fail. they replaced that design with the 4k.

could be wrong, thats just what i heard from a competitor that owned a pair of the 4ks.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

I just bought all 4 of these! Thanks for this link!!!!

bastard i was seriously contemplating it.

These should run 4 XL 18s quite nicely.

says 6500 peak but says it has 4 gauge inputs

:shrug:

:lol::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(2) Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-X305 HU

Dual Optimas

Big three

Kenwood EQ

RF Components

Hifonics Brutus 1K (Subs)

Alpine MRP 250 (Mids/Highs)

Lots o' sound deadening

Posted

i heard the 3k's were designed poorly and were known to fail. they replaced that design with the 4k.

could be wrong, thats just what i heard from a competitor that owned a pair of the 4ks.

your right but wrong at same time with the 3ks i fried 1 user error in my explorer and blew 2 more but they were in buddys car and strapped to the box and some internals shook loose

but before all that happened i had those amps wired hella hella low and they took it no problem didnt get warm or nothing

i hope they fixed some things with the 4ks i hope to upgrade my 3ks

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Posted

i talked to powerbass about the 4k and they said they "will" fail at .5ohm, its just a matter of time. they did improve the 4k from the flaws of the 3k.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

i talked to powerbass about the 4k and they said they "will" fail at .5ohm, its just a matter of time. they did improve the 4k from the flaws of the 3k.

really i had ran my 3k on my 2 apxx 15s each sub D.7 coils wired to .35

then ran into the amps so 0.175 per amp 16 volt setup

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Posted

I dont plan on wiring them low. I am going to strap them at 2 ohms like powerbass suggest. For the price I couldnt pass up the deal. Besides it isnt my money.

Posted

wut are these going in? dont worry about the deal i am just gonna buy the 4k or 5k if i decide to go with powerbass amps

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9596 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...