Sonic Electronix

Well what would you recommend? I've shelled a ton of money on my solox build and I don't want to keep doing this shit. Can I use my stetsom 2k6d for the smd with a big ass box (I'm thinking bigger than 5 cubes now because I never use my back seat , and no I'm not attempting to fuck up a wall setup lol) but I have a great electrical system to back this up since when I would burp my solox my voltage would only dip .2 volts after 30 seconds of on and off burping. I've never had my voltage get less than 15.3 cold, 14.9 hot. And my radios pre outs suck for voltage. They are 2v. But its not bad to me. Lemme know what you think.

If your tired of constantly dropping money and your going to get a SMD I'd build the box with lots of power in mind. It would work fine with the 2k6d you have now, and since you mentioned getting another 2k6d in the future ( you will trust me... lol) you'll have a box ready for it.

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

Mike you know a man like me well. Lol. I know I will get another 2k6d but its a old amp and is hard to find. I'm glad I found mine here on smd and bought it. I was using an old precision power amp for my solox. But have you built boxes or know a pro that can design me one? Id take the time to cut it all out and everything and do the bracing just I'm a tard when it comes to flaring the port and fiberglass. Lol.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I've built a few boxes checkout my YouTube channel slimstunna123. As far as a design I could draw something up but I think you would have better results with a design from someone familiar with the SMD. Oh and I might know where you can get a 6k2d 2ohm ;)

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

Ok that sounds like a deal. And I sent a pm to a few ppl on here that are aa dealers.I will see what they say when they get back. And the stetsom 2k6d is what I have and I want to bridge it but I need the sync cable and like I said I am not ready for that right now. In the future I will be.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Just shoot me a pm when you know what's going on.

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

Ok. Sounds like a plan. Anyone else out there have a smd that can get me specs on a box? I emailed aa for help. Let's see if they get back to me.

Its blown so u need a new SPAIR but it doesn't have any part of the coil that came apart or something like that. Honestly id say fuck kicker. I have had 3 subs from them. All underpowered to shit and setup on oscopes and they all blew. They deft do not run at rms rating and no matter what heat up fast and smell like shit. The titanium on the cone is so bad that it got warm (mind you I could touch it and it was ice cold) but it bubbled up the damn titanium that is inside the coil gap. Wtf is with that??

It's one of two things. Voltage or you're clipping (assuming the sub wasn't just bad). Your comment about the enclosure tells me there was no scope involved and besides you would have had to do the HU as well.

It takes a monster beating to get a sub to melt down like that and the SMD will do the same unless you locate your problem.

thats fine its just in the context it was in originally it stated that underpowering was dangerous based on other parameters needed to take into consideration, which may be wrong

There is no danger, none.

When guys put more than RMS to a sub they decrease the enclosure size to increase control. When they go with lower power they increase the enclosure volume to reduce control.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Yea I'm not getting a prefab box for a smd. Sorry. Lol. And I did set the gains with an oscope. I had used the one from the shop I had my alarm system installed from. Plus the stetsom has the clip led (by the time it flickers its already too late because the signal is clipping bad on the oscope) but ill admit it. I didn't setup the gains on it or the oscope. It was the guys at my local shop who did. They said it will be fine for my box and sub setup. Guess they were wrong.

Yea I'm not getting a prefab box for a smd. Sorry. Lol. And I did set the gains with an oscope. I had used the one from the shop I had my alarm system installed from. Plus the stetsom has the clip led (by the time it flickers its already too late because the signal is clipping bad on the oscope) but ill admit it. I didn't setup the gains on it or the oscope. It was the guys at my local shop who did. They said it will be fine for my box and sub setup. Guess they were wrong.

If the shop doesn't say "Do not turn the volume over XX and the sub output over XX" they didn't scope anything (or they just don't really know what they are doing in that regard).

Could be your box was too big or a bad sub or maybe your amp. Either which way a problem exists.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived