Sonic Electronix

2 smds 1 kicker warhorse?

man i really want to do this now.

i think it will work because this guy has 2

and he has 8 batteries but still he has 2 kicker warhorses so that means u need 16 batteries and 4 alternators right so i do't know how this guy is running them

This is my boy Blain's Car from North Dakota, this was a burp car, he has some horrible voltage drop. He has now taken everything out of the car because of not being able to get into the 60 club with it. If i remember correctly he will be going away from the Warhorse amps and doing something different.

D

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

Yes, you can. However you need to treat each connection as an amplifier. You need to keep an eye on your final ohm load.

With two Dual 2 ohm subs you can only wire the amplifier to 4 ohms per side.

hmm... what about this

2d2subs.jpg

that is 1 ohm per side.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Make sure before you order your subs that you are completely familiar with how the warhorse powers your subs. To power 2 subs at 2 ohms per coil you will need to get Dual 1 ohm subs.

After my experience with my 2 SMDs and my Warhorse, you dont have enough airspace to get maximum performance out of the SMDs. I had mine in 3 different boxes. 5.5, 6,and 6.5 per sub after displacements. I did not have the room to go any bigger than the 6.5 per sub after displacements. If I had the room to do what I wanted to do, I would recommend giving the SMDs 7.5-8 ft3 after displacements. The 2 SMDs will take the 10k of the warhorse with NO problems.

I can tell you from what I have done myself that I have just switched from the 2 SMD 18s to 4 DC XL 15s. With basically the same airspace, the XLs (In my opnion) beat the SMDs hands down. Obviously cone area has alot to do with this, but for overall sound quality and performance I am happier with the XLs.

One other thing to think about before buying SMDs is if you decide you dont want them anymore, SMDs are not the easiest things to sell and you wont get anywhere close to your money back for them.

If you have any questions about he warhorse feel free to PM me.

hey CJ, the smd i own now is 2 ohms its wired down to 1 ohm tho, can't you just wire 2 ohm subs to 1 ohm them connect them into series to make them 2?

heres the link that proves this

im thinking about putting a 12 cubic box tuned to 28 hertz get 4 more d3100s and then later just keep adding to my electrical. i have read that u can adjust the wattage on this amp so first i'll have it down and then turn it up as the electrical gets better.

right now i have 2 optimas up from 1 xs d5100 in the back. and a DC 270xp alternator(2nd one will be added later on)

Here is your basic wiring guide for a warhorse

1 Sub- D2

2 Subs- D1/D4

4 Subs- D2

8 Subs- D1/D4

As you can see each time you double the amount of subs the ohm subs just flip flop from D2-D1/D4

When you are wiring 2 subs to the warhorse you have to look at the coils separately. If you have 2 coil 1s then they have D1s or D4s to achieve a final ohm load of 2 for that coil. You just do the same for coil 2.

Make sure before you order your subs that you are completely familiar with how the warhorse powers your subs. To power 2 subs at 2 ohms per coil you will need to get Dual 1 ohm subs.

After my experience with my 2 SMDs and my Warhorse, you dont have enough airspace to get maximum performance out of the SMDs. I had mine in 3 different boxes. 5.5, 6,and 6.5 per sub after displacements. I did not have the room to go any bigger than the 6.5 per sub after displacements. If I had the room to do what I wanted to do, I would recommend giving the SMDs 7.5-8 ft3 after displacements. The 2 SMDs will take the 10k of the warhorse with NO problems.

I can tell you from what I have done myself that I have just switched from the 2 SMD 18s to 4 DC XL 15s. With basically the same airspace, the XLs (In my opnion) beat the SMDs hands down. Obviously cone area has alot to do with this, but for overall sound quality and performance I am happier with the XLs.

One other thing to think about before buying SMDs is if you decide you dont want them anymore, SMDs are not the easiest things to sell and you wont get anywhere close to your money back for them.

If you have any questions about he warhorse feel free to PM me.

hey CJ, the smd i own now is 2 ohms its wired down to 1 ohm tho, can't you just wire 2 ohm subs to 1 ohm them connect them into series to make them 2?

heres the link that proves this

im thinking about putting a 12 cubic box tuned to 28 hertz get 4 more d3100s and then later just keep adding to my electrical. i have read that u can adjust the wattage on this amp so first i'll have it down and then turn it up as the electrical gets better.

right now i have 2 optimas up from 1 xs d5100 in the back. and a DC 270xp alternator(2nd one will be added later on)

Here is your basic wiring guide for a warhorse

1 Sub- D2

2 Subs- D1/D4

4 Subs- D2

8 Subs- D1/D4

As you can see each time you double the amount of subs the ohm subs just flip flop from D2-D1/D4

When you are wiring 2 subs to the warhorse you have to look at the coils separately. If you have 2 coil 1s then they have D1s or D4s to achieve a final ohm load of 2 for that coil. You just do the same for coil 2.

yah i guess ima have to sell my D2 and get 2 D1s now. because the amp is here. and i was looking at the training video and it shows you how i think it is 4 2400 is equivalent 8 batteries so that means 4 xs d3100 is perfect.

did you sell ur d1s?

that is 1 ohm per side.

yah i called them and asked and they said either D1 or D4 for 2 subs.

and i was think since my last alternator is 140 amps and my new one is 270. you think i'll be new fine to run my old one and my new one together? since 270+140= 410 amps. and 2 200 amp alternators are 400 amps

U can't wire 2 d2 to the warhorse. Luckly I didn't buy my other sub yet so now I have to sell my smd d2 and get 2 d1s

You shoulda got D4 cuz now you have to wire your subs up then back down to get the correct load on the amp wich creates heat...

U can't wire 2 d2 to the warhorse. Luckly I didn't buy my other sub yet so now I have to sell my smd d2 and get 2 d1s

You can, you just end up with a 1 ohm load (turn the gains way down!), or a 4 ohm load..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived