btl ?

Longer coil isn't really to add power handling its for more xmax, while the cooling option should allow a guy that is experienced enough to add more power, but not someone who has no clue, and no offense but the op is not experienced enough to know.

Longer coil isn't really to add power handling its for more xmax, while the cooling option should allow a guy that is experienced enough to add more power, but not someone who has no clue, and no offense but the op is not experienced enough to know.

Why respond?

Please explain why adding more xmax and more copper does not increase power handling. . .and why you need experience for the cooling option to help.

Edited by bkolfo4

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

i love how everyone is always like no offense and doesnt know if they are asking this question or even isnt experienced enough to do or own. how else can i learn and dont give me the oh by trial and error like everyone else bull, cuz i am sure you had a bone thrown your way every once and a while. I am asking these questions because people aaround me dont own subs like this or dc,dd,aq,aa or anything a local shop has mmats i used to have mmats but everyone i know runs with best buy shit like the type r's.

The problem is no one knows the exact answer.

If you know what you are doing, your amp settings are correct, and your box design is correct, 3000+ watts should not be a problem for a loaded BTL.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

well i am only asking this question because they say that adding these options will increase power and w.e. i just dont understand, i get the stats on the basic sub i just dont get it with all the features

Ahh well I learned by doing it, started 20 yrs ago just started seeing what I could do, then the interenet came about, and I have read and read and read and read, I am constantly reading even today I am still learning, I will continue to learn by reading, you should try it, most of the options are self explanatory, if you don't understand any of it, why would I or anyone else suggest you run more then rated power? Rated power is 2kw. Options or not. They will take more absolutely but if your inexperienced, I don't suggest it regardless what others say.

Read bro, seriously, there is soooooo much info on the net its not even funny, got a question google it, im not saying that to be an ass, im saying that because the info is out there.

You say you don't understand, let's look at the cooling option, alot of woofers die an early death from thermal failure. Ie overheated coils.

Less heat equals less failure.

less heat means you can add more power because the coil runs coooler