Sonic Electronix

Tune gains to decrease 1700RMS to 800RMS??

uhh guys DMM? Set the dmm to ac volts, turn evreything down, then put gain up until it reaches 28 volts. Done.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

What good is useing all that power when there shouldn't be any positive gains from doing so?

The woofers are only going to get so loud, period.

I have two 400RMS subs, you were saying the amp at 4 ohm would be putting out 500 watts? that's 250 to each sub.. if i wired it at 1 ohm, and adjusted the gains for 800 watts, i would get 400 to each sub... that's worth it if you ask me... I don't want to settle for running HALF the rms rating of my subs.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

uhh guys DMM? Set the dmm to ac volts, turn evreything down, then put gain up until it reaches 28 volts. Done.

Wait a second walk me through the math on that, how did u get 28 volts? and why turn everything down? wouldn't i want to set everything to my maximum listening level, and then adjust the gain so that at the highest settings, it doesn't exceed 28 volts / 800 watts?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

why did it take some long for someone to finally say the right answer..

just remember to disconnect the subs when you do this

Anymore detail on how to do it? i have a dmm and stuff, and i'll disconnect the subs, hook the mm straight to the amp output? + to + and - to - ? then what?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Because some of us decided to give him the easiest solution to his issue. The math involved is a lot more he's going to be able to immediately understand.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Because some of us decided to give him the easiest solution to his issue. The math involved is a lot more he's going to be able to immediately understand.

this is the easiest solution... using a clamp meter wont even work unless you have a dmm along with it to measure the voltage anyway, unless you have one of the expensive ass one which if he is asking how to do this most likely doesnt own.

and the math involve is middle school or jr high level.. if not lower

edit: i see your saying to wire to 4 ohms though. in which case he wont get much power and most likely turn up the gains a little too high. unless he still does what needs to be done and set the gains right. or in this case the cheaper way of setting it with a DMM

Anymore detail on how to do it? i have a dmm and stuff, and i'll disconnect the subs, hook the mm straight to the amp output? + to + and - to - ? then what?

The math behind it is easy. you have and equation for power that is: P = V2/R, p is the power your setting it too, V is the AC voltage being produced, and R is the resistance(your final ohm load)

you need to solve this equation for V so you now have: V2 = P * R

So you want to do 800 rms at 1 ohm you have V2= 800 * 1, => V = sqrt(800) => V = 28.28volts

now when you do this, have you sub woofer settings on your deck set to the highest level youll ever play it at, and the volume at about 75% unless you know where it starts to clip. Disconnect the sub, wire a DMM to the pos and neg of the amp. and play at test tone. Start off with the gain on the amp at min and work you way up till the DMM reads 28.28 volts. make sure the DMM is set to AC volts

The math behind it is easy. you have and equation for power that is: P = V2/R, p is the power your setting it too, V is the AC voltage being produced, and R is the resistance(your final ohm load)

you need to solve this equation for V so you now have: V2 = P * R

So you want to do 800 rms at 1 ohm you have V2= 800 * 1, => V = sqrt(800) => V = 28.28volts

now when you do this, have you sub woofer settings on your deck set to the highest level youll ever play it at, and the volume at about 75% unless you know where it starts to clip. Disconnect the sub, wire a DMM to the pos and neg of the amp. and play at test tone. Start off with the gain on the amp at min and work you way up till the DMM reads 28.28 volts. make sure the DMM is set to AC volts

just to clarify, you have to put the dmm on the pos and neg to the sub right.... maybe a stupid question but there is 2 sets of pos and neg on my amp. 1 for power and ground and the other to the subs...

well im guessing the amp is internally bridged, so it wouldnt matter what channel you put the dmm on, as long as you wire the sub to the same channel you test on.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Archived