Sonic Electronix

Upgrade electrical on a car he doesn't have? :)

Go for it just make sure to order everything so when you get your car its all ready to get tossed in

You seem like an intelligent guy. May I ask you a question? Since we're talking about electrical, would I be able to RUN 2 Sundown Audio SA-12's D4 on an AQ2200D with a stock alt. But I'll get a battery in the back, like 2400 watts, or something like that. But I won't have THAT battery until like 2 months after I INSTALL my system. Make sense? Or am I just wasting words. :/

that would be fine, just make sure you do the necessary wireing upgrade to get the most out of the electrical under your hood. Remember, you can run all the wattage you want with a stock alt as long as you know the limits of your system, don't mind staying in the 12's with your voltage, maintain the batteries, and run enough batteries to keep up (in the 12 volt range).

most wattage i ran, granted i did not clamp it, was supposedly about 2k, and this dimmed my lights at about volume 25 out of 60, i have a 90a alt, so it definitely wouldnt hurt upgrading, but if oyu have the money, like someone said above, yo dont have to use full power to your system, just run as much as you can and upgrade when you can afford and then you can have a sweet system while saving for those btls and the amps to run them

most wattage i ran, granted i did not clamp it, was supposedly about 2k, and this dimmed my lights at about volume 25 out of 60, i have a 90a alt, so it definitely wouldnt hurt upgrading, but if oyu have the money, like someone said above, yo dont have to use full power to your system, just run as much as you can and upgrade when you can afford and then you can have a sweet system while saving for those btls and the amps to run them

if your alt is putting out 14 volts. and your amp outdraws it by even 1 amp dropping the voltage down to battery level, your lights see a 2 volt drop and will show it.

12.x volts is not a bad thing, just means you're not getting as much out of your amp as you could. 11 volts and under.... yeah time to add a battery.

Yeah I know. I think I'm just going to stick with uhh. THe AQ1200D. Im pretty sure the AQ1200D, if taken care, could push out more then it offers. As long as I can feel the bass shake in the back seats, and it sounds crisp, I'm happy.

Edited by RyanJin

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

if your alt is putting out 14 volts. and your amp outdraws it by even 1 amp dropping the voltage down to battery level, your lights see a 2 volt drop and will show it.

12.x volts is not a bad thing, just means you're not getting as much out of your amp as you could. 11 volts and under.... yeah time to add a battery.

never knew that, lol you learn something all the time

Hey there guys. Is it a good idea to buy the subwoofers + amp before you even have the car. I have an idea of what car I'm going to get, and I'm 90% sure I'll get it. But eitherway, I'm still going to use the same subs + amp no matter what car I get unless it's going to be a SUV which I highly doubt. I want to order 2 Sundown Audio SA-12's D4 with an AQ1200D. Can I just purchase it, or should I just wait?

P.S. Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope you all are having a great day so far.

Thank you.

I'd dot it.

I bought an Fi Q 12", Audiopipe AP-15001D, and POS Scosche 4ga wiring for my first system in a Geo metro.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I runnin supposedly. 2700 rms with all big wires upgraded good. Stock 80 amp(for now) alt. 1 deka agm under hood. I get bout 1 min full tilt till I see low 12'! Then I turn down. Cruising on highway, will play bout full volume for 45 min and lowest goes to 13.0 for drive to grandmas for christmas dinner

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit