What are the implications upgrading my stock alternator

Side note...are you planning on upgrading the power? For your setup honestly I would upgrade your big 3 wiring, upgrade the starting battery, 0 gauge wiring from starting battery to your kinetik in the back. I don't see you needing a high output alternator.

If you want 0 drop go for it! You should inquire whether XS Power is international, worlds above the kinetik

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Side note...are you planning on upgrading the power? For your setup honestly I would upgrade your big 3 wiring, upgrade the starting battery, 0 gauge wiring from starting battery to your kinetik in the back. I don't see you needing a high output alternator.

If you want 0 drop go for it! You should inquire whether XS Power is international, worlds above the kinetik

I planed putting the Kinetik as starter battery and that's it.

OK will upgrade my big 3 first with or without high amp alternator.

I got a 4 gauge from starting battery to the back and amps now.

Will order a 0 gauge wire what you think at this one ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390258972907&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

50 ft should be enough for big 3 and replacing the 4 gauge no ?

This 2 things i understand i must do with or without high amp alternator.

But what about the future ? I am planing to upgrade my set to 3WAY and replace the Celestra with 4CH TUBE amp and dual mono.

Many thanks to you all for your responds !

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Celestra FA475xDC Audio 3.5KDC Audio level 5 12 inchXS Power 6500 on the front.XS Power 3100 on the back.Knukonceptz 0 gauge an 10 gauge OFC wire.

I don't understand your question...what about the future?

If i am planing to upgrade my system to this next year:

Clarion DXZ785USB

3WAY component @ 4CH TUBE amp and dual mono.

Image Dynamics iDMax 10 D4 V.3 @ Audison LRx 1.1k

Do you think i still could run this with just upgrading the big 3 and wiring to the back and replacing the starter battery with the kinetik ?

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Celestra FA475xDC Audio 3.5KDC Audio level 5 12 inchXS Power 6500 on the front.XS Power 3100 on the back.Knukonceptz 0 gauge an 10 gauge OFC wire.

I am adding a digram for the changes that i am planing to do with car for now hope you will find any faults on my planing

before ill start doing the changes.

94717079.jpg

The plan is:

1. upgrading the big 3 with 0 gauge cable along side with the stock not replacing the stock cables just adding 0 gauge cables.

2 replacing my main battery with kinetik KHC 1800.

3. replacing the 4 gauge from the battery to the amps with 0 gauge cable to a stinger SPD8210 Power Distribution that will have

2 200amp fuses on output.

the output cables from the stinger Power Distribution to the amps will be a 4 gauge cables.

ill stay for now i think with the stock 70AMP alternator.

The big question will it be enough for now after those upgrades to run my audio system ?

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Hi i live outside the US so sorry for my English hope you guys will understand what i am trying to ask.

This is my setup:

Clarion DXZ785USB

Morel Hybrid Ovation II @ Celestra FA475x

Image Dynamics iDMax 10 D4 V.3 @ Audison LRx 1.1k

And the car:

Toyota Corolla 2003 1.6L 3ZZ engine with stock alternator.

Bought a Kinetik High Current Car Audio Power Cells #KHC1800.

My question is:

Is there special things or upgrades that i have to do when upgrading my alternator to high amp alternator ?

What are the implications on the car such as car computer and all the electronic devices ?

Is there an amp limit on each car ?

I will try to keep the answers as simple as possible to help maintain proper thought understanding through language translation.

When upgrading to a high output alternator you will want to upgrade your wiring accordingly. An alternator will only provide as many amps are required, mostly trickle charging your battery. When used in car audio you can pull out max amps at peak of an alternator and trying to pull 270amps through 8g wiring will fry that wire...but that wire alone.

An alternator normally will charge at 16volts the max when cold, but generally charge at 14.4volts.

Voltage is what you need to watch, as spikes into 18volts can fry bulbs, stock electrical, ecu, and wiring.

It comes down to voltage vs current. A high output alternator if properly installed and used will not fry your electrical systems. There is no ampere limit on a vehicle, and the thought that a 270amp alternator is always shelling out 270amps is incorrect. Electronics will only pull as much current as needed.

It takes power to make power.

Finaly, the first decent answer in this thread!

Thanx!

@ As-21, where do you live?

Since i am also from outer space... erhm, i mean not from the USA.

(I live in The Netherlands, Europe)

generalbunkersignature2.jpg

______Some people and performances are beyond words______

Chairman of the foundation "Propper-Droppers Holland" 2012

Founder of the European delegation of `Propper-Droppers' 2011

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ MultiMedia advanced 2010

European Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

BeNeLux vice Champion dB-drag street-A 2007

Dutch vice Champion dB-drag ministreet-sedan 2004

Propper Droppers is about deep, ground wobbling, elephant-and-whale stimulating Street Bass.

The deep stuff. We test at different frequencies from deep, to low to snake’s belly. (Like 20Hz anyone?)

Finaly, the first decent answer in this thread!

Thanx!

@ As-21, where do you live?

Since i am also from outer space... erhm, i mean not from the USA.

(I live in The Netherlands, Europe)

I wish i lived on the Netherlands (legal drugs hahaha:) just kidding) i live in Israel by a chance not from here originally .

And there the problems start there is no real audio scene here no importers or dealers of example for XS power or Kintek i am importing

by my self every thing from abroad. although there are good dealers for must of the amp brands but none doing up here a real SPL stuff like in the US.

BTW

I was on the Netherlands last summer for a month i have a relative that lives on the border of Netherlands and Belgium great country.

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

just do the big 3.

A bigger alt can only help your car.

There isnt an ampere limit. You could run an alt that puts out a million amperes without hurting anything.

yeah but 1000000amps would take up all the horsepower LOL

AS-21, just a fore warning, there is a company on ebay that sells high output alternators (more_amps). i highly advise you to stay away from that company.

It´s a Corolla, what horsepower?? :peepwall:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

If i remember correctly...it was said it would in theory take about 1 horsepower to generate 23 amps.

OP...crazy time invested in your drawing, lol. What you have in essence is fairly accurate and correct.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If i remember correctly...it was said it would in theory take about 1 horsepower to generate 23 amps.

OP...crazy time invested in your drawing, lol. What you have in essence is fairly accurate and correct.

Thanks for the response. i thought my self it will be much easier to draw it then explain it.

Got and response for alternator from mechman they got a 240AMP alternator 125 at idle looking great.

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Archived