Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there just not really reliable for powerful amps my neighbor had one and could not power his jl 1000.1 now these battery's maybe alright if you have 500 watt amp

people who have bought from me Team Bassick (ALPINE) Purplehaze nidus

head unit sony dsx-s310btx
subs 2 12 incriminator audio king of bass
subs amp incriminator audio 20.1
mids/highs
mids/highs amp incriminator audio 6.4
equalizer clarion
crossover interfire
alternator 1 mechman 240amp
battery's xs power 1 d2100 2 d3100
sky high car audio 1/0 awg ofc wires

memphis car audio 1/0 ofc
xs power xs flex 4 awg

sky high car audio 8 gauge ofc

sky high car audio 12 gauge ofc

t spec rca

check out my building log http://www.stevemead...frey-build-log/

http://www.stevemead...d-other-things/

check out audio gear i have for sale
http://www.stevemead...51#entry1595151

Mechman_300x100px-2.jpg

3d7304fe.jpg

header3-1.gif

SkyHighCarAudio_zps27302c94.png

superior in EVERY aspect? even in availability? where do you live that you can walk in your local parts store and find xs power or kinetik?

Dearborn, MI

Remember that most shops that carry Powermaster carry XS.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I run Optima and Kinetik and I have not had any issues with either. No swelling, and my truck charges above 15V almost all the time. I did have to replace my yellow top two days before xmas. Went dead while on a road trip...luckly for me it was easy to replace since every Advance Auto Parts has them. But in Optimas defense I had that battery since 04. At one point in time it was my only battery and it helped me push 3 RF 800a2 amps and a RF Power 800a4.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

With a few of the marine comments I just want to clear something up. If you have a boat the last thing you're going to do is run out and spend that kind of money on an Optima. You run big ass wet deep cells. The batts in my boat have been in there for god knows how long and while they require a little maintenance they work like a charm. It would be a cold day in hell I went out and dropped that kind of money on a battery when I could use it for beer or to fill the 220 gallon tank.

It's a boat, you have 3 or 5 batteries, not 1 and the ONLY reason you isolate (most of us just use a switch to isolate the starting batt) is so you don't have a dead battery on the water, not because they charge "weird" or any other bs. It's a battery not a rocket ffs.

Also there is nothing wrong with running off a deep cell. What exactly is it you think we do on a boat? Starting on a boat is for more critical than starting a car. Sure you might be late to work, or late getting home, but on a boat (especially in a storm) it is a BIG deal. Being in a storm without power is literally life or death (again why you isolate). I never ever run my batts down below 11.7 even with an isolated battery.

Just as a point of reference my YT in my Caddy will start the 390 at 11.4 volts so can the "it's not a starting battery" bs. Unless it's a DC that spits out 10 volts it will start anything.

there just not really reliable for powerful amps my neighbor had one and could not power his jl 1000.1 now these battery's maybe alright if you have 500 watt amp

I've used them to power 1700-3400 and they did fine, but they didn't last. Every single one I've had just stopped holding a charge including the one that's in my Caddy now. I've always used a charger (not the same one) which all did about 3-5 amps and 14.4 rock solid, but it still didn't matter.

The battery I took out of the Caddy was actually a deep cell which I moved to the boat. I would run that thing down to nothing over and over and over again without issue.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

• 3 months later...

I know this thread is kinda old but i figured i would post my 2 cents..the YT in my explorer is the same one i bought back in 06..besides the fact that it's yellow and can't stand yellow, havent had a single problem out of it..oh it's also the d34 model..

2004 Explorer Limited

24" Lexani "pyros" wrapped in 255/30/24 pirelli's

270 Amp MechMan Alt.

(2)Stinger SPP-2150's

(2)Sundown NightShade 15's

IA 40.1

Archived