Since I started packing and moving last week, I've had this hard hacking cough, I guess from the dust or whatever. Well I coughed hard a couple days ago and felt this little pain in my lower right rib cage. Yesterday I could hardly move without getting this stabbing feeling. And if I cough or sneeze, I want to die. Went to the doc today and found out I have a fracture of the no.10 rib. He said that hard coughing like I've had can cause it. There is no treatment except rest, and he says 3-4 weeks of healing time. This fucking thing hurts. Anybody else ever cracked a rib? How long did it take to heal?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

My uncle broke a rib from sneezing, he was off work for 4 weeks. Made him cry when it happened, so im sure its painful!

comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that!

15 seconds pass

my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???

I have fractured...Shattered and completely broken my ribs a few times over... Usually for a minor fracture you will be looking at 3-4 weeks like the doc said but expect it to be tender and sore for the better part of a few months bro... Sorry to hear bout your misfortune

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

yeah I have heard of crackin ribs by coughing. I have only had bruised ribs and that was bad enough I'd imagine the cracked rib hurts worse good luck with recovery and tell everyone at home no jokes or funny stuff

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

With a quick google search it seems like 8 weeks would be the absolute max amount of time to completely heal so I would figure that it would be less than that.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Wow coughing actually caused the rib to fracture?

He must have some super "cough" cause it too crack.. It depend how bad the crack can be.. Did really got a crack bone but dislocated my bone on my wrists.. Gosh it was painful. Felt like my bone was about to tear off the skin..

yeah I have heard of crackin ribs by coughing. I have only had bruised ribs and that was bad enough I'd imagine the cracked rib hurts worse good luck with recovery and tell everyone at home no jokes or funny stuff

Tell that to my wife, lol. She keeps doing dumb shit to make me laugh. The doctor says its good to cough and take a deep breath every couple of hours. Even though it hurts like hell, it's supposed to keep the lung expanding correctly near the injury site. Even a small fracture can cause that piece of the lung to get infected or develop pneumonia. Makes for some interesting Google searching.

Thanks for your responses guys. I hope it's only 3-4 weeks.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Wow coughing actually caused the rib to fracture?

He must have some super "cough" cause it too crack.. It depend how bad the crack can be.. Did really got a crack bone but dislocated my bone on my wrists.. Gosh it was painful. Felt like my bone was about to tear off the skin..

Yup, Google it. I didn't believe it until the doctor confirmed. Crazy shit.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread