Sonic Electronix

my RF 200-2 amp doesn't turn on anymore! :S

i was on my way to work today and everything worked perfectly i was bumping my little system & on my way back when i turned on the car i couldnt hear any bass. & i said maybe the power/ground/remote wire came loose idk ill check it when i get home. i got home & checked the ground the power wire & the remote & they all seem to be connected! did i blow my amp? oh and some other facts that you guys may want to know the power cable came loose like once a week because i had my amp just on top of the box not secured so it moved around a little does that have anything to on why the amp stopped working? or because it was on top of the box & the vibrations made something inside come loose!? HELP!

2005 Dodge Magnum

Kenwood DNX573S Double Din

NVX Big 3 Kit

NVX 0 Gauge Cable & speaker cable

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6.5" Incriminator Audio Components (just mids)

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

(2) 12" NVX VCW Subwoofers

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

youve been here for like 2 years and you still cant title your thread something useful?

take amp cover off and look for burnt shit or components that have fallen off the baord.

youve been here for like 2 years and you still cant title your thread something useful?

take amp cover off and look for burnt shit or components that have fallen off the baord.

that better? lol

2005 Dodge Magnum

Kenwood DNX573S Double Din

NVX Big 3 Kit

NVX 0 Gauge Cable & speaker cable

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6.5" Incriminator Audio Components (just mids)

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

(2) 12" NVX VCW Subwoofers

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

Why in the world do you want him to take his amp apart ? 1st thing you do is get a dmm and check voltage at the amp .you should have 12v+ on the power/ground/and remote wire .You might have blown a fuse if you dont have 12v on the power wire( thats assuming you put one in line near your battery).Then go from there .If you have 12v+ at the 3 terminals (power/ground/remote) and is still doesnt turn on, then you have a blown amp.

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

Why in the world do you want him to take his amp apart ? 1st thing you do is get a dmm and check voltage at the amp .you should have 12v+ on the power/ground/and remote wire .You might have blown a fuse if you dont have 12v on the power wire( thats assuming you put one in line near your battery).Then go from there .If you have 12v+ at the 3 terminals (power/ground/remote) and is still doesnt turn on, then you have a blown amp.

Last time i checked taking out 4-10 screws wasn't too much work. And it's very fast and an efficent way to diagnose an amp. Open it up and it looks like your grandmas last thanksgiving dinner, and id say you have a blown amp.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Last time i checked taking out 4-10 screws wasn't too much work. And it's very fast and an efficent way to diagnose an amp. Open it up and it looks like your grandmas last thanksgiving dinner, and id say you have a blown amp.

Ok so lets say you take the 4-10 screws out and you dont see anything burnt .Then what ?Oh ya take a dmm and check power/ground and remote .just do that 1st ,that is the most efficent way to see if the amp is bad, not your way .Lets say his amp is under warranty ,and removing that cover can void it .Now he just lost his warranty cuz he listened to someone who doesnt know how to diagnose a problem correctly .

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

Archived