Ninja_v1.0 Posted December 31, 2010 Report Posted December 31, 2010 There are few people here that know this story but about 6 months back I was leaving from work. Riding down the street minding my own business, when a mile up the road . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . this kid was txting while driving and hit me head on at 40mph. I seen him swerve out of his lane and come right at me and there was nothing I could do. The force was so great that I broke my seatbelt latch and hit the windshield on the opposite side of the car going though both airbags on my driver side and the passenger side as well when i finally came to, the paramedics wanted to take me right to the er, as they were loading me into the ambulance I overheard one of the officers say "God must have been with that kid" because I should have died. Turns out the kid was only 16. I walked away with a bad headache and a burn mark on my arm from one of the airbags. This changed my life forever about txting while driving. The paramedics said I was out for about 20 minutes. The street was shutdown for about 2 hours and while they had to clean everything up. here you can see how much force my car took Something to think about. When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL
nautical7 Posted December 31, 2010 Author Report Posted December 31, 2010 ^ That's a good example of what happens. All you have to do is barely clip a car to do some major damage. The biggest problem is people know its dangerous, but then say they're experienced and know what they're doing. That's the biggest load of BS because you still have to look at the screen to read it, then concentrate on what to say and text it, then make sure your text made sense. I don't care who you are, when your texting and driving you lose concentration of your surroundings and it only takes one second to change everything for either you or someone else. Same goes with messing around with an mp3 player, can be just as dangerous.
Guest Posted December 31, 2010 Report Posted December 31, 2010 i text most of the time. hell no im not going to say im "experienced" or stupid shit like that. same with the "i can multitask" bullshit. sure they come out with faster and faster ways to input text (swype, which i use, and voice to text translations) but still, you are traveling probably 100ft without looking at the road. im absolutely going to stop texting while driving. fuck that.
Ninja_v1.0 Posted December 31, 2010 Report Posted December 31, 2010 ^ That's a good example of what happens. All you have to do is barely clip a car to do some major damage. The biggest problem is people know its dangerous, but then say they're experienced and know what they're doing. That's the biggest load of BS because you still have to look at the screen to read it, then concentrate on what to say and text it, then make sure your text made sense. I don't care who you are, when your texting and driving you lose concentration of your surroundings and it only takes one second to change everything for either you or someone else. Same goes with messing around with an mp3 player, can be just as dangerous. he didnt clip me, dis motherfucker hit my ass head on! After seeing the pictures and shit of the scene I couldn't even be mad at the kid. I was just happy to be alive. Most would thought I would have wanted to kill him but when you come close to leaving this earth you start to not really care about the petty shit. Don't get my wrong my gangsta is still there When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL
jeyrapboy Posted December 31, 2010 Report Posted December 31, 2010 Me and my buddy was almost involved in a collision last night because some dumb ass fuckin 35 year old thought that they could handle it.
Rebel4055 Posted December 31, 2010 Report Posted December 31, 2010 My brother texts and drives, we tell him to stop but he still does it. He drives like crap to begin with. Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
nautical7 Posted December 31, 2010 Author Report Posted December 31, 2010 ^ That's a good example of what happens. All you have to do is barely clip a car to do some major damage. The biggest problem is people know its dangerous, but then say they're experienced and know what they're doing. That's the biggest load of BS because you still have to look at the screen to read it, then concentrate on what to say and text it, then make sure your text made sense. I don't care who you are, when your texting and driving you lose concentration of your surroundings and it only takes one second to change everything for either you or someone else. Same goes with messing around with an mp3 player, can be just as dangerous. he didnt clip me, dis motherfucker hit my ass head on! After seeing the pictures and shit of the scene I couldn't even be mad at the kid. I was just happy to be alive. Most would thought I would have wanted to kill him but when you come close to leaving this earth you start to not really care about the petty shit. Don't get my wrong my gangsta is still there No I could tell yours was head on from the front picture, but I was just saying in general all you have to do is clip someone and you're/they're screwed.
Hellbound Train Posted December 31, 2010 Report Posted December 31, 2010 This is why I will never text and drive. That was a very moving documentary.
Rockbrook Posted December 31, 2010 Report Posted December 31, 2010 i swear i hate watching things like that, it doesnt do shit but put me in a depressed state for like 15 mins lol i usually try to shoot texts off at the red light tho if i need to
Ba-Dunka-Dunk Posted December 31, 2010 Report Posted December 31, 2010 This was a truely touching video. I don't think I will ever text and drive again! Thanks for posting :-) Glad you made it out of that accident alive Sensai!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.