Second Skin Audio

Need help w/box for a DD 2512

SQMonte

the FS on the 2500 is 26hz so be little hard to play under that with regular music. I'd watch out with modified music and tones though

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

That´s one big mistery actually, there are tons of people saying that the 2512´s FS it´s even over 40 hz, i honestly don´t care that much, i have my swift pounding the Lows and doing hairtricks and the explorer for high frequency demos and comps, remember that i´m from Latin America, over here we play +45 hz frequencies the 99% of the time so it´s cool :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

am i the only person who doesnt want to have to be careful with their setup, and wonder if the sub can take it

again, id rather be cautious than take a "careful" risk

Nope, I don't want to have to baby my setup either.....Well, I guess the only way to settle this is to build one and see how it sounds....if i'm not happy with it then I can build the other and go from there. That being said, I think i'm gonna build the slightly smaller box first and see how that goes.

Well, my current box is kind of small because i wanted to get nice numbers on the meter and have a good control because i was gonna get lots of power, it´s 1.85 cubic feet and 19 SQ of port per cubic feet with a 42 hz tuning , i can play STRONG from 35 hz tuning to over 60 hz :drinks:

My 1510´s had a 43 hz tuning and i POUNDED around 35 hz, got to love DD´s!!! Once again, i would get around 2 - 2.2 cubic feet with a 37 hz tuning, that should play NICE from 30 hz to over 50 hz, OR, you can always build a 4th order, 2500´s are supposed to be LOUD on BP´s , and also, play a big range of frequencies.

I was telling 99vic the other day that I really wanted to put it in a 4th order but I have no clue how to pull that off. Either of you good with them? I heard 4th orders are the way to go too. Might have to pay PWK a visit....maybe if I get my order in soon I can get it by summer time:shrug:

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

it's listed on DD's website :shrug:

Yeah i know, but honestly, i´ve seen TONS of comments where people say that the parameters of the 2512 on the DD web site are BS, i don´t know for sure man.

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Do you guys think i'm asking too much from my setup? My previous setup was a pair of SA12's in a 4 cube box tuned to 30hz on 1500rms....now I know that the box was a bit on the large side for those subs at that power level but the setup did well, I could beat on them for long periods of time and full tilt and the cones would barely get warm, they banged....did the best though on songs that hit the frequency level of E-40's "Back in Business"...it absolutely murdered that song. I just want my DD to be able to murder that song as well, but be able to play a few Hz lower and with authority. Example...when I listened to "Demons" in Logans truck, it killed the low note in that song...I didn't even know that note was in there cause in my car it got very quiet when that note hit. I know his setup is way more than what I've got, but I just want to be able to at least hear/feel those kind of lows.

6th order the 12 if your looking for the low lows to come out of your 12. Ray just recently finished a 1000 watt 2 10's setup that does a 143 at 25hz in a 6th order, and its in a big ass lincoln town car.

6th order the 12 if your looking for the low lows to come out of your 12. Ray just recently finished a 1000 watt 2 10's setup that does a 143 at 25hz in a 6th order, and its in a big ass lincoln town car.

Damn, thats what im talking about! I aint gonna lie though, I have no idea what a 6th order looks like..... time to do some research.

I recommended a 4th order because the 2500´s are supposed to be BADASS on them and they are very easy to design and build, 6th orders i don´t know much about them, reading i found a couple of times that for a flat respond box, you want around 0.8 cubic feet and around 9 SQ of port per cubic feet on the rear chamber, 2 cubic feet and 18 SQ of port per cubic feet on the front chamber, but i might be wrong on this one :peepwall:

Archived