Sonic Electronix

okay i understand that firing forwards is basically meant for SPL but the way my trunk is laid out is its really wide where the opening is and then it gets thin towards the back, leaving about 1 1/2 to 2'' on either side for air to flow through the cabin. i'm am not into SPL so my question is, will i lose that much bass response if i fire my subs forwards...i plan on running a ported box and sealing it. if you guys could help me figure out what do to with this build that would be great. if you need pics to see the trunk let me know and ill do so. thanks a lot.

okay i understand that firing forwards is basically meant for SPL but the way my trunk is laid out is its really wide where the opening is and then it gets thin towards the back, leaving about 1 1/2 to 2'' on either side for air to flow through the cabin. i'm am not into SPL so my question is, will i lose that much bass response if i fire my subs forwards...i plan on running a ported box and sealing it. if you guys could help me figure out what do to with this build that would be great. if you need pics to see the trunk let me know and ill do so. thanks a lot.

Firing forwards isnt always about spl. And yeah pics would help a lot on what your trying to describe. Your going ported but your sealing what? Your trunk from the cabin? Which way do you want the port to face?

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

the reason also why im doing it , its because you also dont get the annoying trunk rattle nethier ill do it man

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

be prepared to spend an hour or so with the trunk gutted finding every single tiny air leak. its not hard but does take some time. birght flashlight will be your friend.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

be prepared to spend an hour or so with the trunk gutted finding every single tiny air leak. its not hard but does take some time. birght flashlight will be your friend.

he said he is not into spl so you wont really have to find every single air leak, 80% will be good enough,but ur back speakers will definatly go bye bye lol ,fiberglass sum nice kicks tho

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

I fire forward and still have rear speakers. You just have to isolate them. Now if you dont seal off you'll get cancellation The difference is night and day from a full sealed to a half sealed. trust me.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I fire forward and still have rear speakers. You just have to isolate them. Now if you dont seal off you'll get cancellation The difference is night and day from a full sealed to a half sealed. trust me.

Sorry for the noob question, but what exactly is "cancellation"?

(2) Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-X305 HU

Dual Optimas

Big three

Kenwood EQ

RF Components

Hifonics Brutus 1K (Subs)

Alpine MRP 250 (Mids/Highs)

Lots o' sound deadening

this... although it is damn near impossible to completely seal it off, it does make a huge difference....

and no, firing forward isnt just about spl... its about getting loud and sounding good doing it, without the annoying trunk rattle...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?