Second Skin Audio

When building a ported box

thats a good way to start. i try using bass box pro still havent figured it out completely. the more u do it the more ull see different ways.

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

thats a good way to start. i try using bass box pro still havent figured it out completely. the more u do it the more ull see different ways.

Hey, that reminds me, I have BBP6 on my HD somewhere. I tried using it a while back, couldn't get it to work out like I thought it should so I stopped using it...seemed too advanced for me. I'm gonna have to check it out and keep messing with it.

So check out this box, this is why I asked the question...I always see boxes done like this instead of close to the port as suggested

av-37973.jpg

Edited by SQMonte

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Hey, that reminds me, I have BBP6 on my HD somewhere. I tried using it a while back, couldn't get it to work out like I thought it should so I stopped using it...seemed too advanced for me. I'm gonna have to check it out and keep messing with it.

So check out this box, this is why I asked the question...I always see boxes done like this instead of close to the port as suggested

av-37973.jpg

More or less people do that for appearance. Ive never heard a difference. Is this box for SA's?

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

put it in the middle :drink40: .. but nah. yea I also do see more boxes with it farther from the port.. Don't know why.. But from your box design in Sketch up, it seems more force would come from putting it farther from the port.. idk though

Wow, probably the easiest box design and people making it complicated lol

Don't you have anything better to do than be a patronizing douchebag?

av-37973.jpg

More or less people do that for appearance. Ive never heard a difference. Is this box for SA's?

No, it's for a DD 2512....but my question was more of a general one, I never knew if one way was better than the other or why

av-37973.jpg

No, it's for a DD 2512....but my question was more of a general one, I never knew if one way was better than the other or why

I think that you are going to find minimal noticeable differences with the positioning.

What was the width of the Sketchup design? B/c the shorter the width the less of an effect you will see.

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5

Wow, probably the easiest box design and people making it complicated lol

It isn't the box design that is being made complicated, it just a question as to which is better and why?

Personally, I feel like if you aren't 100% as to why, then ask or try. It is the only way to guarantee your hypothesis or idea.

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5