Sonic Electronix

well can u take and hook ur amp up in someone else' ride real fast or u can take it out run two sort wires from ground and power on ur amp and remote hook it start up to the battery real fast see if ur amp lights come on if so it a wiring issue u need to deal with fast before ur car burns up

If I read this right your using 14 gauge power wire? And when you touch it against metal it doesnt spark? Im gonna go ahead and guess that your wire melted. A 50 amp fuse on 14g wire doesnt sound good at all. Thats where I think the problem is. I have fried an old Pioneer 760 cuz putting different impedance subs on it when I knew nothing about car audio. I'm just glad the shit I ruined was cheap.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

yeah your positive wire is nothing to mess around with lol. I say remove it and then so what ^ said and connect it directly to your battery to see if of even works. or take some pics of the inside and post it here.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

If I read this right your using 14 gauge power wire? And when you touch it against metal it doesnt spark? Im gonna go ahead and guess that your wire melted. A 50 amp fuse on 14g wire doesnt sound good at all. Thats where I think the problem is. I have fried an old Pioneer 760 cuz putting different impedance subs on it when I knew nothing about car audio. I'm just glad the shit I ruined was cheap.

wait what? i SERIOUSLY hope you dont have 14 gauge as power wire. i have bigger wire for speaker wire. for future reference, theres a reason amp companies make their terminals so big. if you can wiggle the wire around in the amp's power/ground terminal before you tighten it, then its too small. but this is very plausible for the reason why it doesnt spark.

edit: also too small of a power/ground wire has a VERY good chance of eventually heating the wire up enough to melt the insulation and possibly cause a fire.

You need to trace the wire and see what it's hooked up to. If it's that ghetto I would bet it's wrapped around a fuse in the fuse box.

If I had to guess you dropping the load that low shot the amps draw through the roof and since your ground is more than likely worse than your power situation the amp fried.

If I were you I would stop worrying about the amp and find that wire because it seriously can fry your cars electrical depending on where he had tapped into power. If you have a Harbor Freight near by you can pick up a DMM for super cheap. You get what you pay for but it does the job. Also note that they have cheap (in both senses of the word) tools.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

You need to trace the wire and see what it's hooked up to. If it's that ghetto I would bet it's wrapped around a fuse in the fuse box.

If I had to guess you dropping the load that low shot the amps draw through the roof and since your ground is more than likely worse than your power situation the amp fried.

If I were you I would stop worrying about the amp and find that wire because it seriously can fry your cars electrical depending on where he had tapped into power. If you have a Harbor Freight near by you can pick up a DMM for super cheap. You get what you pay for but it does the job. Also note that they have cheap (in both senses of the word) tools.

im just gonna remove power wire and install my 2 gauge power wire directly to the battery and run it through the firewall and back, its a 1982 chevy g20 lol 18 volt battery and like 150 amp alt the subs were beatin hard with the 14 gauge wire lol cant wait for my 2 gauge hopefully thats the issue :/

I have a 2 gauge ground wire on it the last one shit on me haha that grounds fine pure copper ring terminal

im just gonna remove power wire and install my 2 gauge power wire directly to the battery and run it through the firewall and back, its a 1982 chevy g20 lol 18 volt battery and like 150 amp alt the subs were beatin hard with the 14 gauge wire lol cant wait for my 2 gauge hopefully thats the issue :/

wait, you have an 18v battery powering your car...why? you have absolutely no use for one. so you had the subwoofers wired to the amp with 14 gauge, ok. i thought you had 14 gauge power wire. and what size power wire do you have now? because you will not be able to fit real 2 gauge in that amp. it has 4 gauge inputs. why dont you check to see if the amp is getting power and see if there is a signal coming out, and if there isnt, open up the amp and look for burnt things since theres no warranty.

edit: just saw your recent post. make sure the ground is crimped VERY WELL or soldered. and that it is bolted to a very very thick piece of metal that has had the paint sanded off where the terminal touches the metal.

14 gauge power and 2 gauge ground? WTF?! You sure did smoke something! I would remove that power wire before something REALLY bad happens beside a amp.

My dad has my van at his work lol shit, I cant remember the name of the wires but i got it from sonicelectronics.com its blue says 2 gauge lol its about as wide as 1 and 1/2 finger side by side(judging from a fat man lol(280)

Archived