Second Skin Audio

re xxx 12 thoughts and opinions

MACnonsence6

lol im thinking about it. just trying to figure out a box set up for my car atm think a xxx could set of car alarms in the right box? the specs on res site wants it tuned to 34hz at 2.2 cubes so im just trying to figure out a box that size thatll work in my trunk. trying to think if i wana do a slot port or aeros thinking if i do areos sub in the middle and a port on each side

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

No, 30mm is good. I could put my 12's up against those any day I bet and blow them out of the water and they cost the same price. Not worth the money IMO

depends on your definition of blown away.

and name some drivers besides the XXX with more than 30mm xmax

how about a USABLE Xmax, because that 54mm on the xxx is all horseshit

horseshit as in it doesnt sound good or horseshit as in cant actually happen?

If the latter, there are excursion videos on youtube. And yes of course you are pushing the driver to its limits to reach those. You are also pushing most any driver near their limit to make their xmax number.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Theres videos of peopke playing subs below tuning yea theres no vids of anything remotely normal use that uses 54mm excursion. Ive had a few of them btw....

yea, ive noticed that from my 2,

i had to play a slowed version of bass i love you, turn my subsonic filter off, and clip my 2 1500s to get my 2 to full excursion, sometimes i could get it with just a 15hz tone too,

No, 30mm is good. I could put my 12's up against those any day I bet and blow them out of the water and they cost the same price. Not worth the money IMO

depends on your definition of blown away.

and name some drivers besides the XXX with more than 30mm xmax

how about a USABLE Xmax, because that 54mm on the xxx is all horseshit

wasnt trying to say it that it was good xmax, just wanting him to back up his comments without using that sub since we'd already been talking about it

Archived