Sonic Electronix

SUBS: Up Firing vs. Rear Firing

Someone on this forum doing a rebuild with 2 dc lvl 5 18s had 2 13w7s port back facing back.... If someone knew his name u could ask him, and it was a tahoe.

Edit: his name is "jg23"

Thanks for that man! I'll hit him up and see what sorta feed back i get.

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

factory system for now :)

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

From what i have seen and done, I have noticed that smaller subs like 12's and 10's sound better firing back versus up and the 15's and 18's facing up because they just beat the back hatch to hell...

Yeah, i thought about that also. Im gonna be using the 13w7's and they have some pretty good excursion!

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

factory system for now :)

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

• 3 months later...

Not to thread jack, but since it's a similar topic which should I choose for the loudest setup, sub forward port forward or sub up port up, or any other setup in my truck?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Personally you just need to experiment to be honest... I JUST FOUND OUT about 5 days ago that the best setup for my 12 in my jeep is sub back port up, As where before i had it sub up port back....

Its 3x louder (by ear) and thats not exaggerating.

Trial and error my friend

Archived