Mechman Alternators

a long shot but...

Your can run a stock alt with a adjustable voltage thingy, if they make one for your car.

But even then its still just a stock alt.

And?

Just saying you can run 14 volt batteries if you get the adjustable voltage thing.

People saying its not possible in this thread, when it is. If they make one for your car, that is.

Ok I never messed with 14volt batterys b4 so that's all new to me.

But I know a 12volt battery can't be hooked to a 14v battery without changing anything.

But I'm just looking at my options for my budge.

But as of now I am looking for a high amp audio battery to help my dim of the car

stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/105505-silvia-first-time-build-kenwood/

look into xs power, they will have what you need :D

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I might be wrong but even if you just get a better battery your system will still put drain on it. A HO alternator puts out more power than a stock alternator can keep up with, To me the alternator is the heart of my electrical and I am working on the foundation which is solid enough to sustain a bit more amperage at idle as well as higher RPM in the end of my little build than the stock can ever provide. From what I have read some stock alternators are capable of backing up certain "RMS" systems but once past that you might need a stronger alternator and more than one battery.

I went back and read what you said and yes you are right I can put the voltage regulator to make the alternator stay at 14volts I don't disagree with you but in the end I want the extra amperage a HO alternator has to offer me over my 90amp alternator.

Hey Redneck I also enjoy your head bumping that you go through over on SSA lol PEACE!!! :drink40:

Edited by crunkjuice1

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Thats a good video I was heartbroken when I was told xspower doesn't have alternator for my car anymore. But I originally had a 75amp alternator burned through that one and am kind of lucky I was able to put a 90amp alternator in my car but where I am heading up the amplifier latter it wont be enough.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

I might be wrong but even if you just get a better battery your system will still put drain on it. A HO alternator puts out more power than a stock alternator can keep up with, To me the alternator is the heart of my electrical and I am working on the foundation which is solid enough to sustain a bit more amperage at idle as well as higher RPM in the end of my little build than the stock can ever provide. From what I have read some stock alternators are capable of backing up certain "RMS" systems but once past that you might need a stronger alternator and more than one battery.

I went back and read what you said and yes you are right I can put the voltage regulator to make the alternator stay at 14volts I don't disagree with you but in the end I want the extra amperage a HO alternator has to offer me over my 90amp alternator.

Hey Redneck I also enjoy your head bumping that you go through over on SSA lol PEACE!!! :drink40:

My what? Lol

Damn car audio is so complex and expenses but so addictive tho!!!

So even with high amped batterys with stock 80amp alt I'm still gonna see problems other than charging both batterys?

And if I put a isolater(or something that keeps the current going 1 way only) between the batterys help at all?

stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/105505-silvia-first-time-build-kenwood/

Damn car audio is so complex and expenses but so addictive tho!!!

So even with high amped batterys with stock 80amp alt I'm still gonna see problems other than charging both batterys?

And if I put a isolater(or something that keeps the current going 1 way only) between the batterys help at all?

14 volt batteries need to be charged around 16.5 volts. If you want, we can furnish you with a stock alternator with external adjustable regulator for about $249. This will give you the ability to set the charging voltage to the correct voltage level for the D1400 battery. Two D1400 batts and a stock alt wouldn't be a bad setup for your system.

DO NOT run any kind of isolator, relay, etc... Just parallel both 14 volt batteries together and you'll be in great shape.