grounding to rear seatbelt bolt

im trying to find a new spot to ground my amplifier. the previous ground didnt work out too well. the car is a 2001 cavalier, and i was wondering if anyone had any opinions on grounding to the rear seatbelt buckle bolt? if not, where would be a good place to ground?

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

the negative of ur battery.

You need the shortest ground possible...so, unless you have a battery at the amp, I wouldn't recomend this unless its a last resort.

No, sorry your wrong. It should be the first resort, regardless if you have an extra battery in the back or just the front.

Alot of people can vouch here with me for this.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97154-voltage-differences-at-battery-and-at-amp/

i dont have a batt in the trunk, and im running 4g.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

I think I'm just going to ground to the strut tower

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

My lancer is unibody and I sanded down right by the seatbelt then used a self tapper and have no issues. I don't see why the seatbelt bolt would be any different just as long as it gets a good connection.

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer

Pioneer DEH5100-UB

2 - P1S412

4 - Alpine SRS-600

Alpine MRP-M500

Monster 8g power/ground-1/0 Big 3

Soon to come:

2 - T1D212

RF T1500.1bdCP

RF T500.4bd

Mechman 220 amp alt

Kinetik KHC1800

Hit me up if you need help with anything in the Tulsa Area.

the negative of ur battery.

You need the shortest ground possible...so, unless you have a battery at the amp, I wouldn't recomend this unless its a last resort.

Also dont believe this.

Thats like saying you need to have the power wire as short as possible..

Hate to break it to you, but grounding thru the vehicles chassis or even the vehicles frame has more resistance then running a ground wire (the same size as your power wire) from your front battery to your amplifier.

Grounding to front battery for sure in all cases is the best, even if you have rear batteries!

And Im loling my ass off at the guy that said self tappers.... HAHAHAAHAHA

Use a nut and bolt son......

Archived