grounding to rear seatbelt bolt

the negative of ur battery.

You need the shortest ground possible...so, unless you have a battery at the amp, I wouldn't recomend this unless its a last resort.

No, sorry your wrong. It should be the first resort, regardless if you have an extra battery in the back or just the front.

Alot of people can vouch here with me for this.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97154-voltage-differences-at-battery-and-at-amp/

I think you read wrong...I'm saying, don't wire your ground to the battery under the hood. The ground is too long. Please tell me you are not suggesting that the ground to the main battery is a good idea?

mivtCK.png

You need the shortest ground possible...so, unless you have a battery at the amp, I wouldn't recomend this unless its a last resort.

No, sorry your wrong. It should be the first resort, regardless if you have an extra battery in the back or just the front.

Alot of people can vouch here with me for this.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97154-voltage-differences-at-battery-and-at-amp/

I think you read wrong...I'm saying, don't wire your ground to the battery under the hood. The ground is too long. Please tell me you are not suggesting that the ground to the main battery is a good idea?

again your wrong, ill let audiofanatic answer thhis.

Also dont believe this.

Thats like saying you need to have the power wire as short as possible..

Hate to break it to you, but grounding thru the vehicles chassis or even the vehicles frame has more resistance then running a ground wire (the same size as your power wire) from your front battery to your amplifier.

Grounding to front battery for sure in all cases is the best, even if you have rear batteries!

And Im loling my ass off at the guy that said self tappers.... HAHAHAAHAHA

Use a nut and bolt son......

Thank you!

i LOL'd to

and yes you can ground to a damn soda can if you want and maybe have no issues aswell haha, but is it the safest/best/better/... way ?

Also ill add this,

Wow this is some bad info the best place to ground is at the batt he needs thicker wire the smaller the wire the more resantance it has

I pull 160dbs in my big truck and allways over a 150 in my small civic with it all grounded to the front batt and I charge better that way to

But what do I know I only been doing this for 15 years with state regional and national titles

so stop giving wrong info Baker. . .

Also dont believe this.

Thats like saying you need to have the power wire as short as possible..

Hate to break it to you, but grounding thru the vehicles chassis or even the vehicles frame has more resistance then running a ground wire (the same size as your power wire) from your front battery to your amplifier.

Grounding to front battery for sure in all cases is the best, even if you have rear batteries!

And Im loling my ass off at the guy that said self tappers.... HAHAHAAHAHA

Use a nut and bolt son......

Seriously? Short power wire is good...maybe won't make a difference on your average budget build, but I still recomend gettin max power anywhere you can. And the shorter the power wire, the less resistance, meaning more power to your amp.

And FYI, the battery isn't a ground itself. The battery has to be grounded to your chassis of your vehicle. So by the time the ground goes through the bolt on the frame, to your connections on your battery, then down a 5ft section of 4ga to your amp, youve got more resistance that just running a 1ft section of 4ga from the amp to the frame.

mivtCK.png

I would drill a hole in the spare tire well ,clean the paint off with some sand paper,make sure its down to bare metal.Nut and bolt it. Then go under the hood and run some 4 ga wire from your battery terminal to the body.The factory ground is a very small wire,so upgrading this is a must.You can use the same grounding spot as the factory did to the body.

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

Ive put the ground on a seatbelt bolt many time in small setups ive done, and a few big ones too.

never had a problem, you just have to sand it down first. Its usually the only good spot around too.

for my setup though i have 2 grounds and 2 pos runs to my back batt bank, and ground the the back batts

Self tappers are a no no. Grounding to the seat belt is a no no. If you have a unibody car ground to the strut tower or just run a ground line from up front.

Why are self tappers a no no?

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

I guess I'm just a noob but like I said I sanded it, used a lock washer and self tapper an haven't has any issues. Given that is on a small amp and with my bigger one I plan on doing something different but I'm still not running a neg to the front. I wa always told to keep ground short. If this is wrong please correct it. I'm always up for learning more!

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer

Pioneer DEH5100-UB

2 - P1S412

4 - Alpine SRS-600

Alpine MRP-M500

Monster 8g power/ground-1/0 Big 3

Soon to come:

2 - T1D212

RF T1500.1bdCP

RF T500.4bd

Mechman 220 amp alt

Kinetik KHC1800

Hit me up if you need help with anything in the Tulsa Area.

i drilled a hole in my spare tirewell and bolted down a run thats about 2-3 feet. not the best ground but it was my only option since i had it grounded on the rear seat before hand, which caused issuses when someone sat on that seat, who ever put enough pressure on it grounded my amp out >.>

dont be a bitch drill so mo fuckin holes:)

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Archived