Sonic Electronix

please tell me my friend should just let me put his stuff in

I just looked up the MECP testing and it's simple lol... The basic one is a cry in the dark asking questions like "What is an alternators output currect type <AC to DC obviously." Even the advanced testing is easy and the courses I found are only $200 you just buy the guide for $100 and then spend $200 on the test if you pass you're certified. I think I might go do it just for fun :D You guys think BestBuy is bad? I have a Local shop called Sound Resort (its way better than BB in my opinion but listen.) and they sell regular (not even RF kits) wiring kits for $130 JUST FOR THE KIT! they have prefabbed boxed with 2 12" comps in them for like $350!!! Seriously the boxes are like HALF the size they should be just by looking at them (2 12" comps require ATLEAST 2.5cft each.) and this box looked like it was 2cft total!

Dont bash BB they are run of the mill just like Geek squad is for computers... But local shops mom and pa stores that are rediculously overpriced like this are haggard. The ONLY good thing is they do make boxes and other stuff unlike BB. Ive installed ALL of my friends system :D NONE have had ANY problems (ive even installed my friends 10" and 12" in two seperate boxes on the SAME amplifier) and its been running for a year now. If I do a free install and it fails under their own missuse I laugh and say I told you so.... If I install a friends system I give them a slight education after like (dont go over this volume, dont play below freq and I explain low freq, I tell them not to touch ANY knobs ont he amplifier.) and if they go against what I say and something happens I just laugh at them. But if a wire comes loose and grounds out the system and fries everything that would be my fault, so you need to make sure WHAT YOU DO you do right or else it can bite you in the ass... When I was new I installed a Type R in custom box I built running off an MRP500 I had the gain too high and the subwoofer seized I thought it was MY FAULT then I looked at the bottom of the woofer and where they glued the spider down it came ondone (didnt tear the spider it just came undone like it was held down by paste :-p) so I got him a new one cranked that sucker up and ran fine since...

Basically that story means when I was new I almost made a mestake but with my minor experience I knew what to look for (spider in that case.) knew it was the companies fault and got my friends a new one and they paid shipping, and the new one has worked fine off the SAME settings, since then I've gain matched, voltage checked etc. to make sure no clipping happens now im a better more experienced technician another lesson I learned it DONT LEARN OFF OTHER PEOPLES SYSTEMS. I see you have a Fully Loaded 18" Fi personally I'd be more confident in you then BB to install that type of power my 2 cents.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

I'm glad some of you are willing to give best buy a chance.

The nice thing about our work is that if something goes wrong you can go to any best buy in the country and the problem will get fixed.

If you install something for your buddy and it goes wrong then he only has you to come back to.

Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) Certified - Best Buy Autotech Certified

I'm sure some people at best buy know what their doing,plus he will have a warranty if they mess something up.

so best buy is a rip off i called them once because it was freezing and i didnt feel like running my 0 gauge and they say ok 40 bucks because i had my own wire i went to the store and said it would be 70 bucks thats why i dont like best buy

dam $70 just to run a 0 gauge cable? were they gonna give u a kiss with that fucking? thats crazy as shit :trippy:

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

no offense but how do we know your any better?

summed up my thoughts.

If you can guarantee (and warranty) that your work will be better then go for it. I'd like to know how they tune amps there, and also like to know how they know the specs of the subs.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

You go visit your local best buy store and have something installed. lololol

I think you misinterpret. I believe that was directed to the OP

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

You go visit your local best buy store and have something installed. lololol

I think you misinterpret. I believe that was directed to the OP

I know. I just couldn't help myself.

Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) Certified - Best Buy Autotech Certified

Ah, my mistake

edit: I get it now, lol. Took me a second but I got it, LOL

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived