So I'm thinking about buying a bike this year

My best friend has an 09 Bussa. My brother-in-law just got a Kawaski Ninja ZX600 don't know the year but I think its like a 99 or 00. They've talked me into getting one I just don't know which one to go with. Now I'm a big guy 375-400lbs range and I'm tall too 6'5. I was told that I should look at getting something with a bit of power like in the 750cc - 1000cc range. I just don't want to kill myself so having absolute top speed is not an requirement for me. So what I'm looking for is something that great for a beginner, can handle my size, can somewhat keep up with the Bussa, cause I don't believe my best friend when he says he not going to open the bike up on straight aways.

Now I've been looking at a few Jap brands and some non-Jap brands, but I've narrowed it down to a few brands and models of bike. I'm just looking for some honest feedback from any of you guys on here that ride and have ridden any of the model of bikes I've posted below. Also if you know of any other forums or sites I should go to for review information or advice would be helpful. I'm more than likely will buy the bike used and maybe off of Craigslist or some other place.

Buell XB12 (2000 - 2009)

P2231878small.JPG

Triumph Daytona

22050_0_1_2_daytona%20955i_Image%20credits%20-%20Triumph.jpg

Honda CBR (either a CBR 600 or CBR1000)

HONDA_CBR1000RR_Fireblade_2005TMS.jpg

Yamaha R1

2005yamahar1_1.jpg

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

my vote goes for a honda 1000rr if you have some experience or if you can find a repsol honda them are nice looking to. even a 600cbr will get you going good. guy i know had his cbr 600 up in the 160mph range. another dude claimed 182mph on his 1000rr. for a beginner bike i would say the 600. if you have rode some dirt bikes or maybe even some street bikes them you may want to go to the 1000rr. im a honda guy and i have heard nutin but good things about them. i dont listen to to much about others

EDIT: i will say that the buell is made by harley davidson so you cant go wrong buying one of them either

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

The CBR1000 is one helluva bike... but i also love the R1's... any 1000cc bike will give you plenty of power, ESPECIALLY for a beginner of your size.

i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

the yamaha will stomp the honda, the buell and triumph will be harder to mod if you decide to later

and you forgot the gixxer is what I'd get

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

the yamaha will stomp the honda, the buell and triumph will be harder to mod if you decide to later

and you forgot the gixxer is what I'd get

Oh yeah. GSX's are nice. I prefer the white with blue or the all black one. :drink40:

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

honda and kawaski will probably be cheapest option, the honda is the most gutless (it will still kill you if you don't respect it though) after I thought about it for a second and put my self in your place thats what I would get, you will dump it, and chances are unless your super careful it will get wrecked one way or another.

I don't know any real motocycle riders who havn't dumped a bike. thats like asking some one if they have ever fallen off their bicycle it just happens

oh and a 1000 bike is a lot more scary than a busa is under 160

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived