XS Power

yea. just noticed its a civic, so it maybe worth it in your case.

There was a guy on here that put 2 alts on a civic i think, tho I dont remember the guys name or anything and the car just always stayed on blocks at his house iirc.

As for having voltage drop, that will probably happen when you get your bigger amp, but the 16volt batteries are not that big, so im sure you can fit more then 7 in the car if need be.

And for your ground question, Ground to your front battery (if 16volt too) or your alternator(s)

if you actually go thru with these upgrades, no reason to skimp on wire for a quality grounding source!

*cough* Meade *cough*

J/K

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Meade only uses one alt iirc. But yeah 7 was just a ballpark guesstimate. If I end up pushing the 16k i'll prolly push around 10 d1600s. That and if I go for option 1, i'll probably be pushing two hefty alts, 3 if I can find a way to fab it up. If theres anything I forgot, let me know. I <3 this place, you guys are (normally) full of good information. ^.^ :clapping: :clapping:

Reminds me, how many stepdown modules would be needed to get to a pure 14.4v output? Since they are only capable of 50 amps I believe?

Edited by tonedeaf

Reminds me, how many stepdown modules would be needed to get to a pure 14.4v output? Since they are only capable of 50 amps I believe?

1 stepdown would give you the lower voltage you need, but most likely your car may need more then 1 stepdown to power your vehicles full stock electrical system.

If you had a clamp meter you could turn all the cars accessories on (headlights, heat/ac, wipers, hazards, etc) to get an idea of your max current draw and a idea how many you would need

The 50amp rating on the stepdowns is a peak rating, so you would need 2 for sure.

For a daily set up Option # 2 is easier by far and the safest way to go. Tommy and Pipo have been doing it for years this way. You can go with option # 1 and it can work great for you. You will just need to put the step downs in there, which are rated for 25amps continuous power and 50amps max. Most vehicles need at least 2 step downs.

D1600 is rated for 1500watts for competition and 3000watts for daily use.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg