A closer look at Alan Dante's car

headshok

The RIPROCK trooper is probably nicer then most of the vehicles forum members drive!

That is one serious piece of equipment. And as mentioned the LOUDEST ever vehicle with 2 subs!

Now on that note, and as previous posts were referring to having nice looking and loud vehicles will get you sponsorships.... This is far from the truth for RIPROCK. To date they have never received anything for free for their accomplishments. DD charges the bag off of them for recones, and often mess up on parts. I know XS Power wouldnt even send them a free battery charger...... The SD amps were not free..... And they use welding cable because no one would offer wire.... Probably all good reason they have lost all interest in competing anymore, due to lack of support from the companies they support and make look SO GOOD! You NEVER see these guys burning up subs/ amps at shows. They come fully prepared for events and put up World Record scores with zero failures or even hiccups. It is to bad no companies in general dont step up to support Extreme competitors anymore, ugly or not these are the guys giving your products and company bragging rights! Bragging rights that are taken advantage of to sell more product and to advertise shamelessly. Once upon a time it was different, and respect was given to the competitors who put their lives into competing. RIP

The RIPROCK trooper is probably nicer then most of the vehicles forum members drive!

That is one serious piece of equipment. And as mentioned the LOUDEST ever vehicle with 2 subs!

Now on that note, and as previous posts were referring to having nice looking and loud vehicles will get you sponsorships.... This is far from the truth for RIPROCK. To date they have never received anything for free for their accomplishments. DD charges the bag off of them for recones, and often mess up on parts. I know XS Power wouldnt even send them a free battery charger...... The SD amps were not free..... And they use welding cable because no one would offer wire.... Probably all good reason they have lost all interest in competing anymore, due to lack of support from the companies they support and make look SO GOOD! You NEVER see these guys burning up subs/ amps at shows. They come fully prepared for events and put up World Record scores with zero failures or even hiccups. It is to bad no companies in general dont step up to support Extreme competitors anymore, ugly or not these are the guys giving your products and company bragging rights! Bragging rights that are taken advantage of to sell more product and to advertise shamelessly. Once upon a time it was different, and respect was given to the competitors who put their lives into competing. RIP

wow...nice

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

I was gonna say Chris Norris probably has one of the nicest looking extreme vehicles ever along with Riprock (even though I'm not an Isuzu fan but I have to give them props) that still compete. I'm sure there's a couple more (Danny Hayes perhaps). Either way, ugly cars or not, Hal and Alan are at the top of the game.

Cactus Sounds USA Team Captain

Multiple World Record Holders

I know the feeling.

Cactus Sounds USA Team Captain

Multiple World Record Holders

very well put clay

(see bolded) its true bout there vehicle being nicer then alot of cars just the amount of detail they put into that thing is amazing

there rims are sexy as hell

(only pic showing detail shows flat tire from weight haha)

IMG_0009.jpg

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

years ago people were sponsored big time now a days you get a little discount on your shit/at par of what company pays for product

so its not all free shit and does add up and does cost a pretty penny to get loud

loud is ugly and thats how it is

Thanks to this thread, i now know what the hell your avy is. For the longest time i had NO IDEA wtf it was. :yahoo:

x2!!

Didn't even see this topic. First of all, those who know us, know what we are all about and represent. People's standards differ from one person to the next. Tha's why you see pos vehicals. Mabye they can't afford it. Mabye they don't care. I don't know.

It's true that not all "extreme" competiors are sponcered. I can't speak for everyone else except for us. All of the gear was bought and paied for. Not everyones budget is the same and can afford more product. It's good and bad not getting free gear to test with. The good part is that there is no help (no other parties taking credit), the bad part is that it comes with a cost. What if somthing blows up? Who covers the cost ect... The consumables (recones) do add up after a season. We are happy with the product that we run thus far. Best amps we have ever ran!

Some people need to realize that competing isn't always about the free gear, magazine adds ect. It's fun to do and get to meet people. Some people that you meet will turn out to be friends! like A-Team for example.

Jeff- The trooper was bought for many reasons. Would I daily a Trooper, probably not. Originality for starters, Front wheel drive for better fitment of gear and design. I could go on. A van or volvo was way too simular to others. There is a rule in the rule book that we wanted to maintain. The window must be within +- 1/4" from stock. So what happends when a judge measures the slope and angle from the middle of the window on other vehicals? ;) we are probably the only one legal hmmm.

Mike and Mark

[email protected]

18741a0.jpg

The rules are a load of junk sometimes :(

Would be really nice if there were more innovation. I'd love to try stuff, but time and money say no :(

If you're ever passing through Lethbridge you should let me know, Rip :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 6 months later...

That is awesome. Ive never seen something like that. Nice work.

VfA79.jpg

2004 Melky Toyota Scion xB

Kenwood Touchscreen Headunit

4 15" Kicker CVR

4 6" Audiopipe

6 8" Audiopipe

6 Tweeters Audiopipe

1 Rockford Fosgate T2500.1 bd

1 Lanzar 3000

1 Audiopipe 1500

2 Optimum YellowTop Batteries

The Big Three

19" rims

and more..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/119197-build-log-scion-xb-4-15-kicker/

If I want to see the best looking vehicles, I'll look at the ones competing for looks and style.

If I want to hear the loudest systems, I'll look at the ones competing in the SPL contests.

No need (IMPO) for the same vehicle to have both. In fact, if I ever saw a REALLY nice looking vehicle, that happened to set a new world record for SPL's, I might be inclined to think > Maybe if they didn't waste all that money on asthetics, they could have gotten .1 db louder ? Hmmmmm.

Fish

Archived