Well there has been a change in my amp for my front stage!! I have decided to run a Linear Power 952IQ instead of the Ample Audio!!! I will post pics as soon as the amp comes in to show off some another true "old school" masterpiece!!!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

This is FAR from an SQ build, but it looks really good. You have some serious fiberglassing skills :)

This coming from a 15 yr old who can't even drive yet. OP ignore this guy, he posts a lot but rarely much substance to it.

This build is very interesting...I like the "get a lot from a little" approach. I was wondering why you're not going to run a tweeter though. I've never used those mids so I'm not sure how they sound.

Edit: Hdorre...you seem like a good kid but you should really do some research and thinking before making comments like the one you made above. I dont mean to sound like I'm bashing you because that is not my intent whatsoever. I just think you need to do more "listening" (reading) and a little less "talking" (typing). There's a vast wealth of knowledge here for you to learn from.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

The actual speaker itself has a composite tweeter fixed in the center of the speaker. It is similar to a coaxial but the tweeter itself is not movable. So in reality it is a coaxial but without tweeter movement.

In response to the mans quote..... To each their own opinion, I was curious to his version of SQ. Cause like I said this system was designed with the help of a past SQ competitor as well as a very distinguished subwoofer designer (with help from Scott @ FI and I believe Eric from Image), so I'm pretty sure he knows what he is doing, LMAO!!!!!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Im gonna post some pics to show the amazing quality of the KEF KAR 160q mids I'm gonna running as my front stage. This shows the composite fixed tweeter and the amazing voil coil for a 6.5" speaker!!!

As you can see in pic, the tweeter is fixed in the center of the driver.

2011-02-21010253.jpg

Here's a pic of the voice coil. (pic taken from phone sorry)

2011-02-21010455.jpg

And if you want to know more about the mids heres the model number on the motor

2011-02-21010430.jpg

I hope that helps understand why there is no separate tweeter. These speakers are very powerful with a good quality amp!!!!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Damn those look really cool! I see you're in NW Indiana? I might have to hear this setup one day! Where do you buy those speakers from?

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

so i gotta ask. When you painted the radio bezel what is it on the lip around the head unit? It almost looks blemished but I know it cant be since you took the time to make that damn thing. And upgrade that head unit. 9886 or up :D

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Wow, I missed all these responses

don't worry I will be nice, your to young to know any better

that is all very good sq equipment from the 90's it is deff an sq install

You can say whatsever is on your mind B) Im here to learn lol

Yeah not many new audionuts know of the old school equipment!!

Yeah, I dont know about the old school stuff. The oldest equipment I really know about is the Rockford Fosgate Power Elite Amps, which is from like 2004.

This coming from a 15 yr old who can't even drive yet. OP ignore this guy,

he posts a lot but rarely much substance to it.

Edit:I dont mean to sound like I'm bashing you because that is not my intent whatsoever. I just think you need to do more "listening" (reading) and a little less "talking" (typing).

There's a vast wealth of knowledge here for you to learn from.

How does me being able to legally drive affect my listening?

Are you saying that most of my posts are wrong? Its funny how I RARELY get corrected then o_O

Thats how it came across as on my end. Thanks for explaining your intentions.

When I barely posted, someone told me to post more. When I post a lot, someone tells me to slow down lol. :confused:

This is true..I learn something new literally atleast every 3 days.

In response to the mans quote..... To each their own opinion, I was curious to his version of SQ. Cause like I said this system was designed with the help of a past SQ competitor as well as a very distinguished subwoofer designer (with help from Scott @ FI and I believe Eric from Image), so I'm pretty sure he knows what he is doing, LMAO!!!!!

Im guessing thats me lulz. My definition of SQ is a system that plays between ~20hz to around 20,000hz without any major peaks. Thats obviously hard to do without any type of equalizer. I overlooked that you had one (because you didnt show any pics). I only skimmed the text. I thought you only had an amp a comp set

I didnt notice that this equipment was like an oldschool version of Hertz. Sorry.

After talking to Scott via PM a few months ago in a 3 page conversation, he clearly knows what he's talking about. Im not sure who Eric is, so I cant speak about him :/

I just wanted to apologize for my ignorance. Carry on!!

Don't mind hunter here. He doesn't know SQ from a hole in the wall.

Hunter? Whose that? haha. Way to be blunt though

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived