Sundown Audio

Sundown Neo-Pro 8 and 10 (Midrange)

Been working on these for a while but haven't said much... but Andy @ Vex has posted some videos so figured I'll open it up now -- some photos :

CIMG4247.JPG

CIMG4248.JPG

CIMG4249.JPG

CIMG4250.JPG

CIMG4251.JPG

CIMG4252.JPG

I have requested spring loaded terminals for production since I hate spades... also will have our logo on them.

They are all single 8-ohm so more can be wired to one amp -- the 200.4 can power 32 of them :)

Flat, tied down tinsel leads as I could still hear lead-slap on mid-bass heavy material on our first sample... good quality paper cone... vented neo motor for high power handling.

What is different ? Well... we made a real CAR speaker here. They will have great mid-bass in IB or sealed -- this sacrificed some of the sensitivity rating but if you ask anyone that has heard them output is NOT a problem and the gain in mid-bass, especially in IB, is WELL worth it.

Most PA style drivers have ultra high sensitivity as they are made to run PORTED in a PA environment... almost nobody ports them in a car. We also chose Neo as when you get several of them in a door weight is a BIG issue with ferrite PA drivers.

In any event... there they are.

Pricing will be about $99 on 8s and $115 on the 10s on the pre-order.

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Secrets aren't good mister :P

This looks good though =]

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Sick was just asking vex when we can get these and the 200.4 sick. When does pre order start? :popcorn::drinks::drinks:

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

Sick was just asking vex when we can get these and the 200.4 sick. When does pre order start? :popcorn::drinks::drinks:

I will open it up soon as production has already started a few weeks back. The holiday in China will slow us down a bit so I want a better ETA before putting it out there.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

Come on peeps remember this is a gr8 Way to get them at a gr8 price ... and if anyone wants to see the vids of them in action check out my build log here in the sundown audio section of check out vexproductions on you tube .... :clapping:

Andy,

Can you post up specific thoughts in this thread ? Especially compared to other drivers you have used -- will be helpful to have it together for pre-ordering.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

I will be looking forward to it, the fact your putting push ter. is also the shit. make some tweets next wolud ya :drinks::drinks:

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

they sound absolutely perfect. except i need 6.5" midbass drivers lol. working on any of those?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.