Robert8252 Posted January 14, 2011 Report Posted January 14, 2011 I used to be really into it but dumping nearly $3,500 into RCs in 2009 I kind of got bored with the hobby. Just bashed them. Not into racing as much. Still have them though. A 2x4 slash with VXL I run on 3s and a summit both fully upgraded. Then my brother has a fully decked out e-maxx on mamba monster and a summit with mamba monster and a slash and a stampede we extended. And a micro Losi crawler. Lol. It's fun just a lot of money. Been wanting to get my summit out with the snow we've gotten but need new tires and some drive shafts and I just haven't wanted to spend the $100 to do it yet 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
dB Don Posted January 14, 2011 Report Posted January 14, 2011 Funny you ask, My son just turned 13 and I got him a Revo 3.3 4x4. I have never drove these things but it seems cool. I am pit crew so to speak he is the driver but thats ok with me. Father son time is always good and bashing up an RC car works. Although I have to put my foot down when it comes to jumping over the house. -Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder
ChampN252 Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 I used to run my Maxx at the local park and crowds would gather. The cost of the hobby is the biggest issue thou. Parts can get high, but the nitro is outta this world. Maybe it was last year, but I saw a gallon at around $30. It was maybe 15% or 20%. 2012 Honda Accord Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
jg23 Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 I have a jato 3.3 and my bro has a revo 3.3 I think it is. They both don't work so they jus sit there. Lol also have a couple gallons of nitro fuel 2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0 Build Log UBL My YouTube channel
trulywickedcustoms Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 Funny you should ask I just sold a lot to fund the new burb build! Here ya got I Had a losi 8ight 2.0 1/8 scale E buggy with a tekin rx8 1550kv, a traxxas 4x4 slash, a ofna 1/8 acale E buggy with a 2200kv monster mamba, losi 1/28 scale rally car brushless upgrade, 51" cobra rc boat with sch1040 esc and a lehner 3060 brushless motor, a traxxas 2x4 slash brushless as well, airtronics M11x remote, and my P51 mustang elec plane.... Lol I was into the hobby fairly heavy but I hadn't messed with it in a while so I just sold it and started buyin the audio agn!!! *2013 NEW BUILD* 12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall 4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks 40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns 3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts tons of audiotechnix wire 24- XS Power D1400's -TEAM XS POWER- -TEAM CROSSFIRE- -TDH-
ChampN252 Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 I always thought Traxxas had intentional build design flaws. Helps sell upgrades. 2012 Honda Accord Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
trulywickedcustoms Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 Oh and I forgot my kyosho inferno GT onroad car with brushless conversion, tekin RX8 2650kv all my buggys and cars had hitec 4950 servos! *2013 NEW BUILD* 12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall 4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks 40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns 3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts tons of audiotechnix wire 24- XS Power D1400's -TEAM XS POWER- -TEAM CROSSFIRE- -TDH-
jg23 Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 Oh and I forgot my kyosho inferno GT onroad car with brushless conversion, tekin RX8 2650kv all my buggys and cars had hitec 4950 servos! Dam u had lots of them. Lol 2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0 Build Log UBL My YouTube channel
trulywickedcustoms Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 I know lol... I rly had to many I had 6 6s5000mah lipo's, 4 4s4500mah lipo's, and 4 3s5000mah lipos and my baby my Hyperion duo3 charger lol I had alot if shit... And to think out o all that the only one I have left is my 1/28 losi rally car! But that gave me allot of cash for my build.. *2013 NEW BUILD* 12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall 4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks 40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns 3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts tons of audiotechnix wire 24- XS Power D1400's -TEAM XS POWER- -TEAM CROSSFIRE- -TDH-
Robert8252 Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 One of my best jumps on camera with my slash lol 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.