Sonic Electronix

Looking for an oscilloscope. Will this work?

I am looking to buy an oscilloscope to do gain tuning. Although I am still closer to the start of what could be a long stretch of car audio installations, I do not want to invest in a fully professional O-Scope until I am sure it is a good investment.

For now, I am looking at this one just to tune my own system and do some testing. (AP15001D, Fi BL12, Pyle (of shit) H/U)

http://www.nkcelectronics.com/dso-nano-v2.html

Will it do the job?

I would also find a copy of the rockford 360 setup disc.

???? how would that help him

I has +, -, and 0 db sine wave tracks. Really all you need to tune a simple system is the 40hz for the sub amp and 1000hz for 4 channels.

Tpi 440 is all u need dmm and scope easy to use. It is the most important tool to have if u are a 12 volt installer

I appreciate the responses.

I am no installer. I just will be doing work for myself, eventually a wall, etc.

Chances are, I will only realistically turn on and use an O-Scope a handful of times. So I can't really justify spending $290 on one. On the other hand, they don't seem to lose very much value and it could probably be easily resold without losing too much money.

As per the RockFord disk, I have a signal generator.

You need to set your gains using your source unit. Look on youtube for RTTI setting gains. I set my highs at 5db of gain overlap and bass at 10db of gain overlap.

Archived