How to hook up car audio in your house

The battery doesn't connect to the psu

What I was getting at is that you need to put a jumper in between the battery negative and the PSU negative so they have a common ground. If you don't do that, the remote won't turn the amp on.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

12v should be fine for the HU, saves power for the amp.

If you wanted to get really fancy you mod the PSU so you can adjust the +12v line up to around 13v+ (fairly easy mod on most PSU's) and connect it to the battery for more charging capacity.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

What I was getting at is that you need to put a jumper in between the battery negative and the PSU negative so they have a common ground. If you don't do that, the remote won't turn the amp on.

BRILLIANCE! I edited the picture

30avrmb.jpg

12v should be fine for the HU, saves power for the amp.

If you wanted to get really fancy you mod the PSU so you can adjust the +12v line up to around 13v+ (fairly easy mod on most PSU's) and connect it to the battery for more charging capacity.

You sir, saved me breath (finger breath?)

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

nice work...

but this is an amazing way to blow all your shit... computer supplys are not meant to take that much stress. if its like a 100 watt amp and a headunit your okay but anything over 1,000 is just ridiculous.

i used to do this and use multiple 600 watt supplys and i just said fuck it. amp was seeing way to low of voltage and went into protect anytime i had the volume over 5...

reading>me

battery charger and batt for the amp... you got your shit down. goodnight :lol:

how would the psu blow up? its just attached to the headunit, which is powering speakers.

if you have a psu to an amp... :bull: :bull: :bull:

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

PSU on an amp is fine if its done right. Its not most of the time, though.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

so a normal 350 watt psu to a 1,000 watt amp is fine? please explain

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

not true.. how do you figure?

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

Did I say a 350w PSU or 1KW amp? No, you need to learn to read.

Here, for your education:

Hammerdown... 1%

not true.. how do you figure?

DC current needs to flow from the positive of the source to the negative of the same source. If you try to run positive of one source to the negative of another source you won't see full voltage transfer. If you don't believe me, take your DMM and test the voltage out with the positive of one battery and the negative of another battery, with nothing connecting the two batteries.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

PSU and battery charger are common-grounded through the wall socket. If it doesnt work (there are protection circuits sometimes) you can add a jumper, but its probably not needed.

Hammerdown... 1%

Archived