Vitacy Posted January 17, 2011 Report Posted January 17, 2011 I was going about 45 to 50 down a well traveled road yesterday and in one section of the road for about 600 feet was nothing but about 5 inches of mushy slush from the snow. So I slowed down to about 35, well this chick in the oncoming lane started sliding a little bit so she went in the center of the road knowing I was heading right towards her and she proceeded to go further into my lane well to avoid having a head on collision I had to get right on the edge of the road and ditch. I went past her and started turning my wheel slowly to get out of the drift well I hit a slick spot and it shot me to the left I turned the wheel to the right and started straightining out then hit anothe slick spot and that one sling shotted me into the ditch. I was not wearing my seat belt, didnt hit my head or anything and I looked back at my subs and well if I didnt have the amp strapped onto the box the box would have came flying forward and hit the back of my seat. When I got out of my car I looked and my back tires were 5 feet in the air. It looked as if my car had been totaled, but it still started and theres no leaks or anything else its all cosmetic damage. The cop ended up giving me a citation for failure to control. And he didnt state that the section I was on was hazardous nor was I avoiding a head on collision. And when I drove on the road I wrecked on today the area was perfectly clear and you couldnt even tell there was snow on that section of road...
Rebel4055 Posted January 17, 2011 Report Posted January 17, 2011 I was always taught never to swerve to avoid anything, sit in your seat and hold your ass till the rides over. Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
Vitacy Posted January 17, 2011 Author Report Posted January 17, 2011 I got after pics but not before pics
nautical7 Posted January 17, 2011 Report Posted January 17, 2011 I was always taught never to swerve to avoid anything, sit in your seat and hold your ass till the rides over. Agreed. In situations where there is room to swerve do so, but when you are going to wreck your car either way prepare for the accident but don't go stiff. Now you'll have to try to prove to the court that you were avoiding an oncoming accident. Did the chick slide into the ditch as well or what?
whosAmp Posted January 17, 2011 Report Posted January 17, 2011 post 'em i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.
Vitacy Posted January 17, 2011 Author Report Posted January 17, 2011 No the chick took off she didnt even stop, I didnt get a ticket just a citation but oh well it happens.
Vitacy Posted January 17, 2011 Author Report Posted January 17, 2011 I dont have picturs of my car in the ditch but I beleive my mom does Ill get those pics later.
Mtnbikecrazy55 Posted January 17, 2011 Report Posted January 17, 2011 thats shittty. insurance will cover it hopefully? I hate long signatures.... ...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head... Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.