Sonic Electronix

It's a great sounding sub. It's a low end monster, but it can play punchy bass too. Compared to a lot of 18's, the sound is a lot tighter. I have to go and find songs with really fast bass lines to try to replicate the muddy sound you often get from 18's. Once example is the guitar solo in Metallica - One. The sub butchers the song, but at the same time I've only heard 1 setup that was keeping up and it was Alumapro 12's.

I'll tell you this though, if you don't have the money to provide this sub with plenty of power (good electricals, good wiring, plenty of battery bank, big amp 5k+) this isn't the sub for you. I'm running it off a SAZ-4500D @ 1 ohm and I know it wants more power.

So u have a 4500D amp on a smd 18 and need more power damn cause that's wut I was gonna run 4 smd and 4 4500d if 4 fit in the H3 cargo but I guess I'll buy 5k cresendo or dcaudio amps thanks for that post u save me time..Plz inbox me wit info wut u would do if u could buy another amp Plz I want to go right the first time.thanks man.trust me I'll have the electronics..15+ V

So u have a 4500D amp on a smd 18 and need more power damn cause that's wut I was gonna run 4 smd and 4 4500d if 4 fit in the H3 cargo but I guess I'll buy 5k cresendo or dcaudio amps thanks for that post u save me time..Plz inbox me wit info wut u would do if u could buy another amp Plz I want to go right the first time.thanks man.trust me I'll have the electronics..15+ V

Just get two SoundDigital 16k's and call it a day.

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

It's a great sounding sub. It's a low end monster, but it can play punchy bass too. Compared to a lot of 18's, the sound is a lot tighter. I have to go and find songs with really fast bass lines to try to replicate the muddy sound you often get from 18's. Once example is the guitar solo in Metallica - One. The sub butchers the song, but at the same time I've only heard 1 setup that was keeping up and it was Alumapro 12's.

I'll tell you this though, if you don't have the money to provide this sub with plenty of power (good electricals, good wiring, plenty of battery bank, big amp 5k+) this isn't the sub for you. I'm running it off a SAZ-4500D @ 1 ohm and I know it wants more power.

Uh oh...

Honestly their won't be much difference in the 4500, DC 5k, and Cescendo, in output.

Any of those will work.

Uh oh...

Honestly their won't be much difference in the 4500, DC 5k, and Cescendo, in output.

Any of those will work.

Thanks cause I really want to support sundown audio and I want to run there product and hopefully get sponsor by them but if not I'm still going to compete alot at meca shows and support there product just like Meade did with rf but I highly doubt I'll get free amps like he does but I'm diff going to try and hopefully be like Meade or Jonathan Price and get deals on there product and I maybe one day get like Meade and get sent to Vegas and let me test out there newer amps before it hits the market.but with yall support I kno I can do it.. I have to start some were..

Thanks cause I really want to support sundown audio and I want to run there product and hopefully get sponsor by them but if not I'm still going to compete alot at meca shows and support there product just like Meade did with rf but I highly doubt I'll get free amps like he does but I'm diff going to try and hopefully be like Meade or Jonathan Price and get deals on there product and I maybe one day get like Meade and get sent to Vegas and let me test out there newer amps before it hits the market.but with yall support I kno I can do it.. I have to start some were..

Right... I would advise you start lower.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Right... I would advise you start lower.

What u mean. Now I have 2 10s xl in a custom box 32hz, 225 alt Mechman, d3100,1200(soon be 2400) all Xspower, all my wire is ofc Knu 0,8gauge,3k sundown amp,alpine HU,meter, I did it all my self I have YouTube "ithertz84" its all new wasn't cheap. I started little with that and I'm go to alot of shows with that and I want to go louder so I'm do a 4 18s build if it fit in the h3 or 2..Thanks man

that will NOT fit in a H3 unless you wall it. It's been done in an H2 hummer in the cargo area with the biggest possible box you could fit with the back seats up. It was ok I liked it with the mayhem in it better and the H2 had tripple alts I believe 4 batcap 4000's(whatever the hell the big ones are) and 4 AQ 3500.1's and it was quiter then the mayhems with less power. it needed o bigger box. They were the FIRST SMD's in delaware. So far i've heard a total of 10 of them. They need airspace for sure unless you throw an ungodly amount of power to them. Plus the cabin of a hummer suck the big one

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived