IH8PunkRok

Tower design, t-line or traditional ported?

18 posts in this topic

forgive my poorly drawn design. im in class and hurrying

tlinevsbox.jpg

tline on the left traditional on the right

my question is, will the tweeter being between the mids (also the distance of the line difference) mess with the effectiveness of the transmission line? would that setup (woofer, tweet, woofer) be better in a standard ported box? is there a different way to build a t-line to counter that differing plane issue?

forgive my poorly drawn design. im in class and hurrying

tlinevsbox.jpg

tline on the left traditional on the right

my question is, will the tweeter being between the mids (also the distance of the line difference) mess with the effectiveness of the transmission line? would that setup (woofer, tweet, woofer) be better in a standard ported box? is there a different way to build a t-line to counter that differing plane issue?

T LINE FTW!

I'd place the tweeter at the top, away from the woofers.

the tweeters between the woofers will create a MUCH better sound field. The way the reflections of sound will work you won't be able to identify where the speakers are. I like the t-line, but flip it...these are home speakers you want them at ear level.

the tweeters between the woofers will create a MUCH better sound field. The way the reflections of sound will work you won't be able to identify where the speakers are. I like the t-line, but flip it...these are home speakers you want them at ear level.

alright then. makes sense

Im gonna add Big long port tubes to my towers I have no idea what tuning I do have all dimensions though...

Im gonna add Big long port tubes to my towers I have no idea what tuning I do have all dimensions though...

wow thanks for all your help that was really informative and answered my question fully...

/sarcasm

i just designed a tline for my home setup, consists of a dayton 5 1/4 and a dayton dome tweeter. Its tuned to 55. If you want a copy of the design i can shoot one your way. I also designed the crossovers for it if you wanna see that too. LMK

i would love a copy of that as well as the crossovers. im wanting to build a smaller tower that will sound really good how do you like that one?

hey this just helped me a lot (inadvertently) can you really have tweeters and mids in the same box as your woofers? sorry im sort of noobing out here but i want to build some speakers for my room and have essentially no idea how to get to where i want to go. also why is your tuning at 55hz?

Tuning is to the Frequency setting (Fs) of the speaker. Its best to tune to the frequency of the speaker as it will push hardest at that and be most efficient. These towers are more for a great sound and quite honestly there going in a dorm room so i think theyll be more than enough. I get yelled at all the time for having too much bass as it is.

haha well I'm in a dorm room as well so this sounds like the perfect application! can we expect a build log?