Sonic Electronix

Idc what everyone else says. I solder no matter what kinda wire it is. With all the vibrations in the car, shit will come loose eventually. Would you rather have a 100 story skyscraper just "locked" together, or a welded frame? Yeah.

So the fact that all stock battery connections are crimped means nothing with all those vibrations..

more than likely it's just rusted itself onto the terminal permenetly now anyways. And yeah, soldered connections are good to reuse as well. Saving money.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Idc what everyone else says. I solder no matter what kinda wire it is. With all the vibrations in the car, shit will come loose eventually. Would you rather have a 100 story skyscraper just "locked" together, or a welded frame? Yeah.

So the fact that all stock battery connections are crimped means nothing with all those vibrations..

more than likely it's just rusted itself onto the terminal permenetly now anyways. And yeah, soldered connections are good to reuse as well. Saving money.

hasn't come apart yet though.

gotta agree to disagree lol.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Since when does copper rust?

There were some cheap hydraulic crimpers on Harbor Freight not too long ago. Like the picture shows, those things are beats and crimp the hell out of whatever is in there.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Since when does copper rust?

copper for sure tarnishes... rust not so much

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

With my 8awg and up I never crimp and fill the terminal full of solder instead. But any smaller I crimp and soak as much solder in the terminal that I can after its crimped.

i have tried that before but you are really just wasting solder. might as well crimp it to take up some space. i just give it a twist in the vice just to squeeze it some.

i have not tried using my silver solder with the torch but i tried with an iron and i hated it. wouldnt flow at all.

I've crimped with a vice and a couple terminals started to loosen and I thought they never would so I just use my little torch and make sure that I won't have any issues. The last thing I want to do is dig through all the wires on my buss bar for up front to find a wire that failed. I just over do it I guess :)

oh no, i know what you mean. i dont just smash them. i smash them with the vice to take up some extra space inside the lug. then i hit it with the torch and solder. it just uses less solder that way. true that you cant reuse them this way though.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I crimp all my large gauge cable 4 gauge and up with MEGA crimpers. I have been doing it that way for the past 8 years and never had a connection problem. Good strong voltage always!!! Here is what my crimps look like.

A loose connection will give you issues, with a compression crimp it is as tight as it will get. These are 0/1 below.

38899224138_large.jpg

38899224139_large.jpg

38899224137_large.jpg

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

gotta agree to disagree lol.

pretty much :drinks:

Archived