Sonic Electronix

Sundown SA-8 vs. DC Level 2 8

I've been going back and forth between purchasing some DC level 2 8's and Sundown sa-8's. I want to put 4 of them in the trunk of my car firing towards the rear seats with the trunk sealed off. The question that's been getting me is which sub is going to handle the most abuse?

Also, what do you forum members think that I could throw to each of these babies? I'm talking about clean, unclipped signal in a proper box.

I know thorshammer has been abusing the hell out of every one of his DC subs throwing just stupid amounts of power to them and they still handle up to the abuse very very well (frankenwoofer ftw!), but at the same point I've also heard a lot of good about the Sundown 8's.

I'm mostly planning to burp this thing, but I also want to run music through these things every now and then (doing demo's, ect..)

What do you all think?

Your not aloud to have Vs threads. But i would choose the sa-8, its rated for more power and handles it pretty damn good.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

post in the sundown section asking about the sa 8 and post in the dc section asking about the lvl 2 8...

they are pretty similar, except the DC 8s are assembled at DC, while the SA 8s are assembled in china, or where ever jacob orders them from

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

derrick you crack me up

LOL at Derriks reply rofl.gif

but it is the truth....

jacob has even said it... or maybe im just imagining it...

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

just because i wont talk shit with out proof..

Well they came in today -- ahead of schedule. Showed up just a little bit before FedEx pickup... a few lucky guys got their subs shipped today.

These things are as stiff as a Nightshade out of the box *laughs* They loosen up alot on my test bench run :)

We'll ship as many as possible before leaving for SBN... please DO NOT email or PM me asking if your specific driver has shipped. Answering more messages like that will only slow me down in getting them out. They will all be shipped out as fast as we possibly can.

taken from post 131 on this page

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/59650-sundown-sa-8-pre-sale/page__st__120

Team DC Audio

Archived