The official guns and stuff shoot the breeze thread

I went to gun store and was told that a slide stock in NJ is a big no no.

According to NJ laws on stock, it's illegal to have telescoping stock. slide fire is not telescopic stock, but it does slide in and out. So it's in grey area when it comes to legality.

I'm gonna stop by local PD where I got my permit to confirm that it is illegal. If not, I'm definitely getting one.

You never know with the ways they word all these stupid ass laws.

who would use a high velocity rifle for home defense? thats super dangerous

but im sure they would ban it if that where ever yo happen

According to NJ laws on stock, it's illegal to have telescoping stock. slide fire is not telescopic stock, but it does slide in and out. So it's in grey area when it comes to legality.

I'm gonna stop by local PD where I got my permit to confirm that it is illegal. If not, I'm definitely getting one.

When it comes to gun stuff do us all a favor and don't ask the government a damn thing about them or the legality of certain items.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i thought the 2nd amendment was the only permit a citizen needed

asking the PD will get you different answers depending on the officer.. if he thinks or dont want you to have it he will say it illegal.. its best to look it up and ask local gun owners

Just drive to PA to fire it with that on then.

If you are going to talk to anyone about it I would talk to an attorney that handles gun related laws in your state because you won't get an honest answer from a cop just an opinion.

Pushing the issue with the government is what gets stuff taken away for everyone which is why I said don't ask them.

People asking questions is basically what puts shit on the atf's radar.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

anyone tried slide fire for AR? Just looked into it and it seems pretty cool. and legal.

I have one, and love it for stupid cheap fun!

Unless your last name is Trump and you can afford to feed it, it serves no purpose other than wasting ammo.

Does it work, yes

It can get expensive even if you reload! It's not unusual for us to dump a thousand rounds a weekend with it (I have a few beta mags, doesn't take long!)

That looks like fun.

Say you used that in a defense situation like a home invasion or something would it still be legal?

Sure it's legal. It's also a terrible idea!

If you can I recommend it! Word of advice to anyone wanting one- skip the older designs and get the new one (ssar-mod). The old ones, when locked into single shot were rattle traps. Not solid at all. The new one has a brake lever that allows it to lock up tight as can be (feels as good as a fixed stock). Plus it's ambidexterous (I'm a lefty) I've had both, and the new one is worth the extra money no doubt!

If your budget doesn't allow this, and you're set on the lower models, check out bumpfire systems stock. It's a slide fire knock off, and only comes in right handed models, but it's dirt cheap (hundred bucks) and works as well as the original.

First post, woot :)

Archived