Sundown Audio

I have a Fi BL 18" fully loaded running off a Sae1200D. It is a great system and I love it. But I guess part of being a basshead is wanting to upgrade. I've been thinking about a 2 woofer set up and I was gonna stick with Fi and get 2 SSDs or 2 Q's. They are priced fairly but I just saw that the SA-15's came out. I know that they are good subs and they are cheaper. Will 2 SA-15s off the sae1200d be LOUDER then the 18? I will eventually get a new amp for them. Possibly the Saz1500d, but could I run an AQ2200d?? If anyone has ANY suggestions from experience please get back to me. Thanks! :good:

Most likely will be louder in the right box, plus more cone area.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

It all depends on the install.

If you have proper box size and tuneage, it should be louder due to more cone area.

Edit:

BLs are power hungry, so off that 1200, you're not using the BL to the full potential. I had one fully loaded on about 1400 rms, and it laughed at it.

Going from 1 18 to 2 15s will be a good upgrade.

A general rule of thumb is off the same power and in the correct enclosures, more cone area will be louder.

Edited by Playa Named Joe

lol I said I'd get a box for them, meaning I would have one built from this dude who has 4 18's. He built my box for the BL and it hits hard even though its only seeing 1200wrms. You don't need that much power for a sub to hit hard you just need a decent box. A sub off 500rms in a good box would sound louder and better then a sub off 1000rms in a shitty box.

:noob:

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

lol I said I'd get a box for them, meaning I would have one built from this dude who has 4 18's. He built my box for the BL and it hits hard even though its only seeing 1200wrms. You don't need that much power for a sub to hit hard you just need a decent box. A sub off 500rms in a good box would sound louder and better then a sub off 1000rms in a shitty box.

does that make him a better box builder? :shrug: