Sundown Audio

to start with you shouldnt thread jack. and second...you should already know by know how many variables to consider which will take forever to properly explain, debate, and at the end of the day it is still going to be preference. you have MANY experienced audiophiles on the site who all have their own opinions on what sounds better, what will do what, and how they like a certain setup. it would be impossible for someone to come in and just tell you what is better for you, since the install should be YOURS.

and then how are you defining better? can be so subjective. so many different interpretations of the word and even more interpretations on how to define it and what qualifies as better. obviously you would have more cone area with two 12s. but maybe the equipment will respond better flatter with s ingle setup in proper enclosure spacing. maybe its low powered and you can get away with going larger on the box. maybe, maybe....MAYBE. so many maybes guy, and when you sit down to think about it...it becomes illogical to expect a cookie cutter answer for your question. hope this helps why you may be hard pressed to find the answer youre looking for. because frankly...i dont see it existing.

now do a bit more research, take a gamble, find your style and preference and do some work =)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

this is useless. bunch of retards except for RAM Designs. And team ht wtf did you say. I dont get what you mean by differnt variables and what is a VS thread??

What he means is there are different issues involved than just trading subs and/or boxes out. Not all subs are the same, not all boxes are the same, etc. If everything were identical as far as power, enclosures, etc. the 18" should get louder but it may not be the case. What are you trying to achieve?

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

this is useless. bunch of retards except for RAM Designs. And team ht wtf did you say. I dont get what you mean by differnt variables and what is a VS thread??

What he means is there are different issues involved than just trading subs and/or boxes out. Not all subs are the same, not all boxes are the same, etc. If everything were identical as far as power, enclosures, etc. the 18" should get louder but it may not be the case. What are you trying to achieve?

Ok, I want to sell my 18 and the box. Then I want to get a pair of the Sa-15s. They will be running off the same amp, I think that I will gain a little bit of bass response, a little Db gain, and maybe even better SQ (because I heard the Sa's sounds great). But in the future I want to get the AQ 2200d and put ~1100rms to each 15. Then once that happens, I am positive that the 15's will knock a good amount louder then the BL. If I am wrong someone please respond, but don't call me noob or just come here to criticize me. I just wanna know some things and I thought this is where you go to figure things out.

Edited by Loudbassforall

just remember those 15s are rated at 600rms,

they may do just fine on 1100rms thermally, but then you have to design the box around over powering them. and dont even try to start clipping them when youre already at almost double the power rating

to start with you shouldnt thread jack. and second...you should already know by know how many variables to consider which will take forever to properly explain, debate, and at the end of the day it is still going to be preference. you have MANY experienced audiophiles on the site who all have their own opinions on what sounds better, what will do what, and how they like a certain setup. it would be impossible for someone to come in and just tell you what is better for you, since the install should be YOURS.

and then how are you defining better? can be so subjective. so many different interpretations of the word and even more interpretations on how to define it and what qualifies as better. obviously you would have more cone area with two 12s. but maybe the equipment will respond better flatter with s ingle setup in proper enclosure spacing. maybe its low powered and you can get away with going larger on the box. maybe, maybe....MAYBE. so many maybes guy, and when you sit down to think about it...it becomes illogical to expect a cookie cutter answer for your question. hope this helps why you may be hard pressed to find the answer youre looking for. because frankly...i dont see it existing.

now do a bit more research, take a gamble, find your style and preference and do some work =)

Good stuff HT thats what should have been said in the first place. I didn't mean to dump my question here but I need to hear stuff like that.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

awe.. you love ram..

to answer this to get you to be quiet, either will be louder. just depends on what you do with it... sorry i mean depends on what your "box guy" does with it.

Dude so I'm a noob because I can't build my own box? I rather spend money on something that I know will be good instead of wasting my time making something that looks like sh*t. I mean my freind works at Home Depot I could try it but the box this dude built for me is beast... Ill put up some pics if ya want so you stop talking about me "box guy". <_<

What does him working at home depot have to do anything? I have seen blondes working there that con't screw in a light bulb