Sonic Electronix

Do you have to have crossovers on tweeters?

Cause I bought an RF component set and they don't come with crossovers, they're "built" in already but i'm pretty sure thats b/s. They make a popping noise sometimes even on low volume and no bass, could it be a bad ground somewhere? Any input would be great. Thanks

(2) Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-X305 HU

Dual Optimas

Big three

Kenwood EQ

RF Components

Hifonics Brutus 1K (Subs)

Alpine MRP 250 (Mids/Highs)

Lots o' sound deadening

the tweeters popping is from them getting lower frequencies. so ya, you need a crossover. sometimes they will put a cap on the speaker as a crossover, not that i've ever trusted that to be a good crossover.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

how do you know they dont have crossovers on them do you know waht to look for?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

They're inside the tweeter I believe. Its this component set.

41SRI0UkwaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I believe they only have a high pass filter.

Edited by DBz

(2) Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-X305 HU

Dual Optimas

Big three

Kenwood EQ

RF Components

Lots o' sound deadening

the tweeters popping is from them getting lower frequencies. so ya, you need a crossover. sometimes they will put a cap on the speaker as a crossover, not that i've ever trusted that to be a good crossover.

yeah its a cap and some wires and stuff in it, like I said I believe its just a high pass filter. on the site it says "Just jump wires from the secondary terminals on the mid-range/woofer to the tweeter terminals."

But still, I wanna get crossovers, which would you guys recommend for this pair?

(2) Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-X305 HU

Dual Optimas

Big three

Kenwood EQ

RF Components

Lots o' sound deadening

~facepalm~ that is a crossover. what do you think a crossover is? a crossover network? most crossovers do nothing for the mid, its all -0db@3khz or -3db@25khz.

the only difference between your "cap and wires" and a crossover network, is a box.

and i could tell you what capacitor to get for the tweeter, just put a DMM on it and tell me the ohm load.

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

~facepalm~ that is a crossover. what do you think a crossover is? a crossover network? most crossovers do nothing for the mid, its all -0db@3khz or -3db@25khz.

the only difference between your "cap and wires" and a crossover network, is a box.

and i could tell you what capacitor to get for the tweeter, just put a DMM on it and tell me the ohm load.

Alright, well thats why im asking, I wanna get rid of the popping noise. They are all 4 ohm, and I have 2 4ohm 6x9s in the back, can they all be wired to 2 ohm?

(2) Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-X305 HU

Dual Optimas

Big three

Kenwood EQ

RF Components

Lots o' sound deadening

Alright, well thats why im asking, I wanna get rid of the popping noise. They are all 4 ohm, and I have 2 4ohm 6x9s in the back, can they all be wired to 2 ohm?

if you wire the bynines together they will be on a 2 ohm load, but will be mono, not stereo, if you care about that, and have you actually had a DMM on the tweeters? i need to know the actual ohm value before i tell you what crossover components to get.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

there are good crossovers and shitty crossovers. caps glued to a speaker i would call a crap crossover.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.