Purplehaze Posted January 30, 2011 Report Posted January 30, 2011 Hey guys! I am currently in the middle of my first complete system build, and I thought I'd share my experience thus far. I have been coming to this site for about three months now, but this is my first post of my build. I am 31 yrs old, and I have installed MANY small systems (subs & amps) in my days, but this is my first REAL system install. I have took my time, saved for months at a time, and bought everything BRAND NEW, mostly piece by piece, and stacked it into my closet until I have it all, which is now. But of coarse I couldn't wait to get started! So, I have done a few things, but the majority is under progress as I type. But you gotta start somewhere, so here is what my car looked like last year, when I bought it. Pretty plain, but solid. And it was one owner, well taken care of. I didn't even like PT Cruiser's before I found this car. And for $2000, I think I have a hell of a start! Here was the first little system I threw in it. Everything was less than $100.00! And it actually bumped a little! Check out this video I made. Remember, it was almost a year ago, ALOT has changed!!! UPDATE 3/6/11 Please keep reading, it gets a lot better after all the bs and arguing! UPDATE wanna sneak peek at what's ahead if you keep reading? My link Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
Purplehaze Posted January 30, 2011 Author Report Posted January 30, 2011 Wow! Anyways, It didn't take long before things had to change! The first thing I bought was a new 12"Kicker L5, in the Kicker enclosure. I picked up a Kicker ZX250.2 that I THOUGHT would push it, but it wasn't quite enough! So I traded around for a Soundstream PIC 2.600 that did MUCH better! Then I added some Soundstream 6x9's to run off the ZX250.2. It really jammed, for a min! Here are some pics: And here is a little video of it bumpin! Then I bought a Soundstream capacitor, and a 2 ch Soundstream amp. Then I blew a 6x9. Then I decided to go ALL KICKER! Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
Purplehaze Posted January 30, 2011 Author Report Posted January 30, 2011 So, I got a new head unit for Christmas. Its a Clarion VZ300 multimedia center. I LOVE IT! And since then the only other piece I installed was the in-dash monitor. Here are some videos & pics from both of these, as well as the switch I THOUGHT I had to have! (It's okay, I kinda like it now!) So far the Clarion, the 7" in-dash, and reverse camera is all I have pics of. Here is a lil video it playin. More pics and videos coming soon, I promise! Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
uhoh_45 Posted January 30, 2011 Report Posted January 30, 2011 is that monitor not where the air bag is? build looks like its coming along nicely- i've always had a thing for PT's R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
Purplehaze Posted January 31, 2011 Author Report Posted January 31, 2011 is that monitor not where the air bag is? build looks like its coming along nicely- i've always had a thing for PT's Yep, it sure is! And the air bag is still there too! I had to cut the airbag frame a little to give it room, and rt now I'm working on fiber-glassing it, so that I can attach the monitor frame to the monitor. Kinda tricky, but pretty cool to me! Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
EclipseChris Posted January 31, 2011 Report Posted January 31, 2011 Going to hurt like hell if (God forbid) you get in an accident with a passenger. i resolve to be a nicer moderator. Tercel build R.I.P. Eclipse build Old New V-Dub My feedback.
EclipseChris Posted January 31, 2011 Report Posted January 31, 2011 P.S, do you want any more monitors? I have 2 for sale, one needs repair. i resolve to be a nicer moderator. Tercel build R.I.P. Eclipse build Old New V-Dub My feedback.
byers319 Posted January 31, 2011 Report Posted January 31, 2011 maybe its just me, but imo thats dumb to put that over the airbag..
uhoh_45 Posted January 31, 2011 Report Posted January 31, 2011 Going to hurt like hell if (God forbid) you get in an accident with a passenger. maybe its just me, but imo thats dangerous to put that over the airbag.. R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.