running really *&^% hot

my cooler is the corsair h50 (crude water cooling) the rad has 2 fans on it in push/pull there are 3 fans on top of the case for exhaust 2 intake at the front and one on the bottom and 1 230mm intake on the side and one fan on the NB

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

my cooler is the corsair h50 (crude water cooling) the rad has 2 fans on it in push/pull there are 3 fans on top of the case for exhaust 2 intake at the front and one on the bottom and 1 230mm intake on the side and one fan on the NB

all those different pointing fans HAS to be screwing up the airflow somehow...i dont know...it just seems like it would be a viable option.

It's possible it might be defective considering it should keep what you have a lot cooler than 50c and trying to go thermal on you, if it is under warranty try getting it replaced. But i would re-seat it with new thermal compound and see how it goes.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

It's possible it might be defective considering it should keep what you have a lot cooler than 50c and trying to go thermal on you, if it is under warranty try getting it replaced. But i would re-seat it with new thermal compound and see how it goes.

x2 thermal compound reapplication idea. too much or too little can have overheating side effects

Now who wants to hear why I said pull the side of the case? Your first step in troubleshooting should be to duplicate the fault. Since its a heat issue you cant really duplicate you just know its there. So you pull the side of the case and go by feel. Find out whats causing it. it could be the fan is dumped etc. could be dust build up. could be just about any component inside a case. Since you can't see htem you dont know. Once oyu can isolate the area producing the heat it allows you to go over the options for a resolution. oh and also gives the heat a way to escape. The best way to cool is not to have a shitload of fans pointing at everything but instead having airflow in one direction. utilizing the push pull method. one pulls out the heat and replaces it with fresh. Just some thoughts from a nobody. B)

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Now who wants to hear why I said pull the side of the case? Your first step in troubleshooting should be to duplicate the fault. Since its a heat issue you cant really duplicate you just know its there. So you pull the side of the case and go by feel. Find out whats causing it. it could be the fan is dumped etc. could be dust build up. could be just about any component inside a case. Since you can't see htem you dont know. Once oyu can isolate the area producing the heat it allows you to go over the options for a resolution. oh and also gives the heat a way to escape. The best way to cool is not to have a shitload of fans pointing at everything but instead having airflow in one direction. utilizing the push pull method. one pulls out the heat and replaces it with fresh. Just some thoughts from a nobody. B)

i REALLY need a refresher course with computer repair (took course 3 years ago). great writeup nate

:ph34r:

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

I know a few little tricks. If you want to think of it this way too is that once the case is pulled you know have far more surface area cooling as well. Sure you may not have forced air but most of the pc case fans dont do much of shit anyways except recirculate hot air. To think that its going to be detrimental to run a pc wihtout the side of the case on it is ridiculous.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived