Sonic Electronix

and the 99z will do fine daily and will take a ton of power daily to. I have seen it alot

They won't explode if you play music on them, sure.

But is that what their designed to do,no.

I'm sure all that heat from the coil can't be good right directly beside neo, which loses strength at 150degrees. And I mean directly beside a coil that could heat upto 500 degrees.

Makes real sense.

I think I'll take soundpressure's word over yours when it comes to dd stuff sorry

oh and 150 degrees Celsius not Fahrenheit, big difference there

And I didn't say either way. Still the coil is getting way past the heat neo can handle.

Take DD nuthuggers word, sure. They wouldn't down a DD product if their life depended on it.

Like I said, its not going to explode. It won't cause any harm to you.

But why run a sub designed purely for SPL daily? Why not spend less money, and have a sub designed to do what you want.

If I was running a sealed box with 500watts, I wouldn't need a Level 5 would I?

That's my point. No need to argue.

Site looks great! And as far as Z's being SPL only.....exhibit A: My first hand experience with 4 Z 15's......Sounded GREAT!

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Their site has an epic fail in the high end separates section, they have a paragraph about tweeters for the w6.5, and repeat that paragraph for the DDA with no explanation about the mid driver from the set.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Site looks great! And as far as Z's being SPL only.....exhibit A: My first hand experience with 4 Z 15's......Sounded GREAT!

Lol.

4 15s, and sounded great. WOW.

I have yet to hear anything over 150db, that sounds great.

Why does people think SPL subs is suppose to sound like the Cheapest equipment distorted to the max.

I'll ask, why did they sound great?

Edited by Ford302Redneck

Lol.

Why does people think SPL subs is suppose to sound like the Cheapest equipment distorted to the max.

You sound a bit trollish today. Maybe have a rest and come back later?

Not to be rude, but you do sound a bit like you're bashing the crap out of DD.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Lol.

How did they sound GREAT? Well the bass was clean and precise.....and you can't ask for much more from 160+db 30sec average set-up .....basically it didn't sound sloppy....and actually sounded better than a few "well tuned" lower 150 vehicles i have heard :drink40:

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Lol.

You sound a bit trollish today. Maybe have a rest and come back later?

Not to be rude, but you do sound a bit like you're bashing the crap out of DD.

Rofl. Ok.

I posted my opinions. If it came off as a bash, that's your opinion.

I never said DD sucked or wasn't worth the money. I did not directly bash the company or any subs.

Why do you care?

Twisted- I'm sure that has more to do with the install, than just the subs. Like I said, it won't hurt to run them daily, minus the heat issues.

I just don't think they are just daily subs, sure if you compete mostly and demo rarely, that's fine.

But, if you rarely compete, and demo a lot, the 99z shouldn't be in your ride. It just just not designed for that, and won't yield the best results.

Just my opinion. I would say this about any sub designed for one purpose, and people used it in another.

in all honesty they have no problems playing low, my 3518 off 800 watts played everything perfectly fine.

if you read thier site they recommend those boxes until the suspension has broken in then you can tune them lower.

i dont have any issues with Fi subs either so im not going to say ones better then the other because imo they are pretty much in the same class.

As far as other companies though on the internet id take a DD or Fi based sub over any other company thats internet based. you just cannot beat the engineering and knowledge behind the 2 companies products whatsoever. Rather then having random people test your stuff who half the time are just learning themselfs.

Its rather hilarious the opinions formed by people who have had no first hand experience whatsoever with product though.

how is a demo any worse than a bassrace run at 160db's? seams to me that no matter what your doing at the time having it turned way up is going to do the same thing no matter what

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

if you read thier site they recommend those boxes until the suspension has

As far as other companies though on the internet id take a DD or Fi based sub over any other company thats internet based. you just cannot beat the engineering and knowledge behind the 2 companies products whatsoever. Rather then having random people test your stuff who half the time are just learning themselfs.

Its rather hilarious the opinions formed by people who have had no first hand experience whatsoever with product though.

So, your saying you need to build a box to break in suspension then build another one when its broken in?

Meh, I didn't say DD couldn't have lowend, you just have to build the right box, and 40hz, just isn't it in most cases. That was all I said.

But the last part of your post, I agree 1000000%. People do not realize the amatures who push a companies subs. Just cause they have a high post count, and a way with words, doesn't mean they full understand why to promote ones product. I'm not pointing anybody out, just stating in general.