Thinkin about going into the army, but I wanted some peoples stories or experiences about how they like it or if you knew someone you know that's close to you. None of this, "My friends cousins uncle Bob said..."

The airforce recruiter called me over summer last year because I scores pretty good on the ASVAB.

Which I think would be my better choice, but they have a very strict body weight and height limit.

I'm about 5'10 or so and weigh around 205.

And according to the airforce I need to be around 180 at the maximum.

But the army goes by the physical side of it, like courses I guess and tests for you body fat %

This is me. I can see myself getting to 180 it's just a matter of time to get there. I have to cut a lot of muscle to get there.

This picture was taken around last year in march I think

0232.jpg

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

Thinkin about going into the army, but I wanted some peoples stories or experiences about how they like it or if you knew someone you know that's close to you. None of this, "My friends cousins uncle Bob said..."

The airforce recruiter called me over summer last year because I scores pretty good on the ASVAB.

Which I think would be my better choice, but they have a very strict body weight and height limit.

I'm about 5'10 or so and weigh around 205.

And according to the airforce I need to be around 180 at the maximum.

But the army goes by the physical side of it, like courses I guess and tests for you body fat %

This is me. I can see myself getting to 180 it's just a matter of time to get there. I have to cut a lot of muscle to get there.

This picture was taken around last year in march I think

You have to really start with what you want to get out of the military. Unless you plan to serve until you retire, you should look at it as an oppurtunity to learn skills that can transfer to civilian jobs later in life. Good scores on the ASVAB is DEFINETLY the place to start. That really opens the door to any MOS in the army, and i'm sure it's similar in other branches. The army's PT tests are mostly endurance and strength tests. (run X miles, Lift X pounds) There are some big guys in the army, and tiny sticks like me. The army has a wide range of MOS's, each have different physical requirments, for example... 19k/19d (army cav, M1 abrams crewman), you have to be able to lift 60lbs, because you would have to lift shells and 50 cals daily. The 152x MOS, (apache long bow crewman) require recruits UNDER a certain height, in order to meet space constraints on the door guns.

The airforce on the other hand, has very specific build requirements for pilots/crewman... but the truth is, most jobs in the airforce are NOT as pilots. It's all stuff your recruiter will give u info on.

I'd start with this:

1. Decide what you want to get out of or learn from the military

2. Figure out which branch offers you the best opportunity

3. Get the ASVAB score you need to get a better chance of getting the job you want.

4. Talk to a recruiter from the branch you decide on.

Keep some things in mind, like, the army/marines NEED soldiers. IT will take a lot for them to turn you away...at the worst, you will have to work your ass a little harder in basic, to avoid getting recycled. OH, and ALWAYS GET PROMISES FROM RECRUTIERS IN WRITING :P

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Its all in who you talk to about the military my old man has 30 years in next year and he said i couldnt join anything but the air force but i was fine with that lol better lifestyle and pay, but i wanted a job that would test me physically and mentally so i picked combat control its all in what you want to do though lol

they can waiver your weight. trust me you're gonna see some fat fucks. Pay is all the same across all branches. Skillsets learned are going to be the same. At least that transfer across to the civilian world. one thing you are going to learn is that each brancxh is going to be biased against the others. I did 8yrs in the Marine Corp so Im not really a fan of the others. I bet teejaybee got a really sweet coffee cup for a sign on bonus though :D

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yes sir i did but i have to make it through my cct training to ever see that 17k lol but n8 is right everyone is biased i give everyone respect for severing but its just what the military does they all pick on each other but without each other you cant function to the fullest and yeah fat fucks when i was at meps ( where you get your physical and all that shit ) there was a kid in there for the 7th time because he was over weight everytime ,

oh and teejay is right too. There are alot more bonuses floating out there right now. Evidently the recruiters still think id be interested and get calls and postcards etc about being prior service and theyve got some healthy by military standard bonuses.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i enlisted in the army in june of last year and i ship out 7/11/11. i signed at the end of my junior year so i leave less than a month after i graduate. if you are thinking air force there is one more thing to consider how fast do you want to leave....my girlfriend signed in february of last year while in her senior year and waited in delayed entry until janurary of this year to leave. if she would have went to the army she would have left a few weeks after graduation (this is what recruiters and other ssgts and sgts told her)so if you want to leave soon go army!

Edited by armyranger3858