Second Skin Audio

sonic soundlabs

fmedina

one thing that has me SO curious...are the people who keep talking about how these look like beast subs.........are you guys saying that because it has a big motor in comparison to its basket? super big motor.....beastly? im not saying it is or isnt, im asking the people who say it is are jumping to conclusions because of marketing and how uber cool the large magnet is.

and i just watched the video.....that packaging was HORRIBLE

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Yea I saw that in the video. I'd never pack such an expensive woofer that's atleast 60pounds so cheap. Ups will be breaking a lot of these things if they keep packaging them that way.

Yea they "look" good but so did 90% of audiobahn subs but only 2 lines were actually any good. The 08s and awt's I think it was. I actually had both lines and did 150s with 2 1508t's and 2 d2's til the truck was totaled

I don't care if the sub is the ugliest thing ever if it performs well and takes the power. Imo though as a new company who until last month only had a myspace page and not even a html, you should give introductory rates on your products to start getting them known or start getting them in the lanes seeing what they can really do

I read this and checked the site and read it again and I think they are saying that the vented tyoke helps to prevent the cone from slowing that (if it were not there) would result in overheating, clipping, and lower efficiency. I think you read it wrong??

Direct quote from the site.

Drilling a hole in through the T-Yoke to make a “Vented” T-Yoke only allows the subwoofer to move pressure that builds up under the dust cap that can cause the moving mass of the subwoofer to slow down and this can result in overheating, clipped single, and lower the efficiency of the driver.

So, a vented pole now causes a clipped signal?

Bahahahahaha.

Zomg. I can't stop laughing.

What a bunch of fucking idiots of a company.

Listing motor bolts as Made in the USA, cause the they really don't have a USA made sub.

Now talking shit about vented poles, that causes clipped signals.

Bahahaha.

FAIL.

Can somebody PM prices so I can lol?

Im getting the prices for the SuperSonics and UltraSonics and will post em here in a few hours when I hear back

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

u guys should stop knocking on them, its not like youre doing anythign better with your life other then being a hater

but i talked to jim(owner)

and he said

making on the vented T-yoke was it PREVENTS clipping and overheating by allowing the pressure that builds up under the dust cap to be released at the cost of lowering the energy in the magnetic gap. now he said hes going to fix it on his page people stop getting the wrong idea

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

u guys should stop knocking on them, its not like youre doing anythign better with your life other then being a hater

but i talked to jim(owner)

and he said

making on the vented T-yoke was it PREVENTS clipping and overheating by allowing the pressure that builds up under the dust cap to be released at the cost of lowering the energy in the magnetic gap. now he said hes going to fix it on his page people stop getting the wrong idea

Thats how I feel as well, for the most part anything anyone says is hear say or fanboyism, at one time Fi,DC,etc...... were some brand new company and I am sure lots of people had there doubts about them, heck the mainstream people still have the same mentality about these companys, Im sure if someone like dB Don would do an in depth test with one of em and show if its actually worth what they charge or not, people would change there minds possibly

Edit: I have also owned JL,Kicker,DC,AQ,FI,Memphis,Rainbow,Sony(LOL),and alot of other companies products, so for the most part I try to give most any company a chance to prove themselves

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Im not sure how it can prevent clipping if the signal coming in is clipped.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived