Easily Remove Clipping From Music

This is why Decaf and Pimpin were so picky about songs they would do. There are a lot heavy hitters that would be awesome Decaf'ed, but he won't touch them because he increases bass, not lower it to "hide" clipping.

Soo is audacity's clippin indicator wrong? B/c some of big pimpins stuff shows up red... And I know he would'nt put out no bs for all of us to fuck our stuff up.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Could I use this to level out all my songs to the same level, so one song isn't louder then another at the same settings?

Yes...I still use this method on songs that don't have any evident clipping in the anyway. From what I can observe, it makes them a hell of alot clearer on the highs (haven't tested bass b/c I have none atm).

mivtCK.png

This is why Decaf and Pimpin were so picky about songs they would do. There are a lot heavy hitters that would be awesome Decaf'ed, but he won't touch them because he increases bass, not lower it to "hide" clipping.

Soo is audacity's clippin indicator wrong? B/c some of big pimpins stuff shows up red... And I know he would'nt put out no bs for all of us to fuck our stuff up.

IDk...I've wondered the same b/c I've noticed that too. I think its just nearly impossible, especially when you are amplifying tracks like Decaf and Pimpin, to remove every last bit of clipping.

mivtCK.png

Yeah, maybe. b/c I never took the time out to get audacity till now, thanks to your post I have an idea on how it works and how to use it. The first song I threw on there was haunted bumps because I always felt like that song might have been clipping and in audacity it says it does soo...

IDk...I've wondered the same b/c I've noticed that too. I think its just nearly impossible, especially when you are amplifying tracks like Decaf and Pimpin, to remove every last bit of clipping.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

2000 Slamry

Audacity clipping indicator isn't wrong, just exaggerated. Zoom in on the red spots and you will see that the clips in Pimpins and Decafs songs are only for a fraction of a second. Solid red is bad, BUT it could be the mid or high levels that are clipped. Thats the thing with audacity, it kind of hard to tell what frequency is clipped at any given point in a song.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Audacity clipping indicator isn't wrong, just exaggerated. Zoom in on the red spots and you will see that the clips in Pimpins and Decafs songs are only for a fraction of a second. Solid red is bad, BUT it could be the mid or high levels that are clipped. Thats the thing with audacity, it kind of hard to tell what frequency is clipped at any given point in a song.

Yeah they were real short clips and I could'nt tell what freq. they were at either.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

2000 Slamry

Yes, songs can be clipped and be fine, because the Higher range of the frequency is clipped, which doesn't matter to much. I still want to know how to check for clipping in WMP Scope visulization.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm