Second Skin Audio

15" T-Line sub box?

New to the forum, been lurking around for quite some time and am on a couple other audio forums and my buddy told me to join this one since you guys have helped him out quite a bit.... anywho, I've been building enclosures for quite awhile but never have done a T Line, no one really asks/knows/talks about them around here but I've heard great things about them, so I'd like to do one for myself before someone else asks me to make them one but know nothing about them or how to build one... I'd much rather screw my own up than someone elses... anyways, I've seen lots of designs for 8s, 10s, and 12s but I cant seem to find any for 15s.. Anyone have any designs they'd like to share over just different subs? I just sold my sa 15s but am looking at buying some new 15s but I dont really have any set ideas, so if anyone has any over any sub/s I'd like to see them and if you've heard or use your design and opinions on it. Thanks in advance :D

New to the forum, been lurking around for quite some time and am on a couple other audio forums and my buddy told me to join this one since you guys have helped him out quite a bit.... anywho, I've been building enclosures for quite awhile but never have done a T Line, no one really asks/knows/talks about them around here but I've heard great things about them, so I'd like to do one for myself before someone else asks me to make them one but know nothing about them or how to build one... I'd much rather screw my own up than someone elses... anyways, I've seen lots of designs for 8s, 10s, and 12s but I cant seem to find any for 15s.. Anyone have any designs they'd like to share over just different subs? I just sold my sa 15s but am looking at buying some new 15s but I dont really have any set ideas, so if anyone has any over any sub/s I'd like to see them and if you've heard or use your design and opinions on it. Thanks in advance :D

IMO if you want to do it right, disregard the tutorial on this website... check out quarter-wave.com then read, read, and read some more.

i have a Skar Audio vvx-15 in a t-line in the back of my durango. check out my build log in my signature.

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A

147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash

147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos

SKAR_468x60.jpgDD-1.jpg

IMO if you want to do it right, disregard the tutorial on this website... check out quarter-wave.com then read, read, and read some more.

Why do you say you should disregard the tutorial on this website?

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

The 1/4 wave tutorial I wrote on this thread is a " Quarterwave for Dummies" type thread. Unless you plan on doing Tlines in home audio, the basic formula works 100%. Reason I posted that thread up was to 1/4 wave idea is not as hard as people like Martin King shows it to be with their mathematical formula. If you want to waist your time on that or other formulas which have almost no use in a car, go ahead. But I've tested and built over 100 Tlines in my days. When I realized the formulas were not intended for car, I knew there had to be something easier. So in car testing due to a compressed environment that the very basics are only needed to calculate a tline. Infact that you can make Universal prefab Tlines and throw almost any sub in them. As long as its in a car not a house. When I worked at the last shop I worked at, every customer that wanted just one sub, he got a prefab tline that I would keep on the sales floor. Tuned to 40hz not a single sub or box ever came back. So that is why I typed that thread up, just to show tlines really are not as complicated as most thinky

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

The 1/4 wave tutorial I wrote on this thread is a " Quarterwave for Dummies" type thread. Unless you plan on doing Tlines in home audio, the basic formula works 100%. Reason I posted that thread up was to 1/4 wave idea is not as hard as people like Martin King shows it to be with their mathematical formula. If you want to waist your time on that or other formulas which have almost no use in a car, go ahead. But I've tested and built over 100 Tlines in my days. When I realized the formulas were not intended for car, I knew there had to be something easier. So in car testing due to a compressed environment that the very basics are only needed to calculate a tline. Infact that you can make Universal prefab Tlines and throw almost any sub in them. As long as its in a car not a house. When I worked at the last shop I worked at, every customer that wanted just one sub, he got a prefab tline that I would keep on the sales floor. Tuned to 40hz not a single sub or box ever came back. So that is why I typed that thread up, just to show tlines really are not as complicated as most thinky

Bad grammar due to phone, sorry guys I'am not 12

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

give me the parameters for the sub you want to use and i can have something done in sketchup for ya

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

Bad grammar due to phone, sorry guys I'am not 12

Alright I'll look into that for sure! Thanks :D

Archived