How To Do The Big 3: Tutorial

Guest MegaloManiac

LOL ok I will add some painted lines to the photos in the morning for you. I didnt think spotting 1/0awg wire was hard...

haha sorry i was just lost i read your post 2 times and it just didnt click until i looked it up and found a painted picture..

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

• 4 weeks later...

this is a dumb question, but what does the BIG3 actually do for your electrical system? other than making less resistance than stock wiring from alt to batt?

2 RF 15'' P1's

Hifonics TXi6008

Kenwood KDC H.U.

Infiniti Components

All Monster wiriring

I am going to do the big 3 in my Sable, but I'm not sure where exactly my alt is, anyone have any idea? My car is a 1996 Mercury Sable with the Duratec 3.0L V6. I've looked for it, but I can't see it

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me

Uhmm, not sure if charges faster but i do know if make the electrical flow eazy on the system. The big 3 is very eazy to do. Anyone here ever heard about the big 4?

i believe the "big 4" is adding another 1/0 wire from your transmission to ground, assuming you have an automatic tranny that uses electrical power.

i may be wrong, but i know i've heard of the tranny upgrade, as well as i've read on the big 4. can anybody verify what i said?

oh, and i've done the big 3 in 1/0 and i have not seen a large improvement in voltage. my voltage still drops into the 9s and 10s and my head lights dim (on 360wrms!!) my battery maintains a higher voltage over all when im not bumping but i think that it could be due to the fact that i also put a yellow top under my hood at the same time i did this upgrade. my connectors and contacts are all solid, so i am a bit stumped. instal my 170amp alternator ftw!

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

i believe the "big 4" is adding another 1/0 wire from your transmission to ground, assuming you have an automatic tranny that uses electrical power.

i may be wrong, but i know i've heard of the tranny upgrade, as well as i've read on the big 4. can anybody verify what i said?

oh, and i've done the big 3 in 1/0 and i have not seen a large improvement in voltage. my voltage still drops into the 9s and 10s and my head lights dim (on 360wrms!!) my battery maintains a higher voltage over all when im not bumping but i think that it could be due to the fact that i also put a yellow top under my hood at the same time i did this upgrade. my connectors and contacts are all solid, so i am a bit stumped. instal my 170amp alternator ftw!

you have a problem if you car is dipping into the 9s with 360rms. and youre stupid enough to let it dip there.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived