Sonic Electronix

Loudest speakers and amp for crotchrocket

What's up guys? I'm about to start my build on my zx-14 and I was wanting some input on the loudest speakers for a bike for the money. I don't want to spend a whole lot but I would like to be able to hear my speakers while cruising. So any input is appreciated. I will be fiberglassing 2 speakers and 2 tweeters into the seat cowl with a head unit/ipod facing forward on the cowl. I'm also not sure what amp would be good. I know the arc mini's are nice but they are pretty pricey. I have heard good things about this amp... http://www.amazon.com/Nitro-Bmw-x43-Watt-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B0030D69M2

Any input on this amp?

Thanks.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

if glass a HU into your cowl facing forward isnt your ass going to press buttons on it etc? plus with the speakers behind you, they arent gonna be all to audible at highway speed. Id try to figure out how to mount 'em up front facing you. and maybe glass an ipod mount into the tank so you can actually control it with your hands, not your ass, and while you are riding, imo it would suck a fat one to have to stop and get off any time i wanted to adjust the volume or change tracks.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Best bet is fiberglassing onto clipons at an upward angle...I would probably get some new ones so you could always go back to stock fairings if you want..plus primered ones will be easier to modify imo.

Edit: NVM saw its already lowered and stretched.

I would go with ARC way before that nitro amp. That things a POS imo....doesn't belong on a showbike.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Please dont do this to a sportbike. Why not get good headphones for under your helmet? Judging by want you want im assuming you dont wear one though

Dude its too late for this one...

Its already lowered and stretched....and I'm sure its not for competitive drags...

Headphones are better IMO too...Your bike has weaker electrical then a geo metro...why do that? I would keep car audio in my car...and not be one of those annoying people blasting music all tweeters on the interstate...but thats just me.

I yell at my stepdad when he has his harley speakers blairing..shits just annoying and they ALWAYS sound like ass.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Usualy the general feeling on that. I tried to help though..in that Youtube video everything OP needs to know is there on simple installation.

Stretched busas with speakers and airbags are like Donked out lifted Buicks with 30" rims...its not for everyone but it must be for someone.

At least OP didn't post on a real sportbike forum...fuck those guys would probably ban him or flame him to death. They flame people who don't wear full tracksuits/gp boots everyday LOL...

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Im a member on a sportbike forum as well, and this shit kills me. The electrical on a bike is not suitable for crap like this. I bet he bought the 14 as his first bike too, I dont believe you have to wear full race gear but a leather/textile jacket, jeans and over ankle boots are a must. My bike is stretched and lowered but its a street/drag bike it damn sure doesnt have chrome or neons or speakers

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Archived