Adding extra battery in the trunk question

Hey guys. What is the benefit of adding an extra battery in trunk when you have a stock alt? Reason I'm asking is doesn't that battery further put an extra strain your alt hence beating the reason for putting it?

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

If your connections are great, and the battery is under ~80aH, the load on the alternator is negligible. The end product of having an extra power source is worth it for your amps, and the overall electrical system. EDIT: charge the battery outside the car fully before installation.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

Ok sounds great. Can't afford a high output alt at the moment, sorting a few things 1st. My voltage drops to 10.8v @ idle lol. Quite bad I know

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

Will work on it as soon as possible, most probably Tuesday. I know an H/O alt is the best way out but do you guys think 1 extra battery will do the trick on running around 2000w? I will do my proper build (electrical) towards the end of the year. Thanks

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

If you get a good battery for the rear such as a d3100 even with a stock alt you WILL see an improvement. When you start adding multiple batteries you will strain your stock alt and that's when you will run into issues.

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt

I would look at Big 3, extra grounds, check and recheck all connections. 10.8 is horrible! gonna fuck up amps, speakers and possible car at that low voltage. Battery for now and a new alt soon.

I would look at Big 3, extra grounds, check and recheck all connections. 10.8 is horrible! gonna fuck up amps, speakers and possible car at that low voltage. Battery for now and a new alt soon.

Archived