Sundown Audio

Just looking for input on these speakers. i have never heard them or even seen them used before so just looking for insight from people who either have them or have heard them. also curious what size amp they had running their speakers. thanks for any insight.

2002 chevy avalanche

Currently have:

2 dc xl 18

set of T2652-s

scv-6k

Ct sounds 75.4

270a mechman

xp3000

d3400

Wanted:

saz 200.4

Second set of T2652-s

D3100's

deadner

I have a set running in my old Volvo on a Sundown Sax-100.2. I like them, and they are good Sundown quality, they do look kind of plain though. Sure not for someone who likes a flashy install. The main thing that I have to say about them is that mine just seemed liked they had something missing. I guess they just seemed hollow is the best way to put it. It might be my own fault in the way they are installed (in about .2 cube boxes). They are nice and smooth, and they sound good, just like I said they seem kind of hollow to me compared to my T2 Rockfords.

I have a set running in my old Volvo on a Sundown Sax-100.2. I like them, and they are good Sundown quality, they do look kind of plain though. Sure not for someone who likes a flashy install. The main thing that I have to say about them is that mine just seemed liked they had something missing. I guess they just seemed hollow is the best way to put it. It might be my own fault in the way they are installed (in about .2 cube boxes). They are nice and smooth, and they sound good, just like I said they seem kind of hollow to me compared to my T2 Rockfords.

i have a set of t265-s still in box and just debating on getting a second set or switching to the sundown speakers in all 4 doors.

2002 chevy avalanche

Currently have:

2 dc xl 18

set of T2652-s

scv-6k

Ct sounds 75.4

270a mechman

xp3000

d3400

Wanted:

saz 200.4

Second set of T2652-s

D3100's

deadner

They are a very flat and neutral set -- they do not have any artificial "sizzle" to them nor do they exaggerate anything. So it really comes down to your taste in sound.

thanks for taking the time to reply

2002 chevy avalanche

Currently have:

2 dc xl 18

set of T2652-s

scv-6k

Ct sounds 75.4

270a mechman

xp3000

d3400

Wanted:

saz 200.4

Second set of T2652-s

D3100's

deadner

I have been running them for about a month and I am very impressed with the sound. I listened to alot of fronts and bought these without hearing them. I have no regrets. You won't get a better set for under 300 bucks.

Murdoc

06 civic sedan

alpine cde-hd149bt

sundown sax 150.4

sundown 6.5cs

sundown sd-2 8v2 (pair in a sealed box)

Sorry I am just now posting again. One thing that I was meaning to tell you was that as far as the Rockfords go, I would have to buy Sundowns over them after this price increase. $360 for a set of T2s is just over the top for me for the quality compared to other stuff like Hertz, Audison, and stuff like that. One thing I didn't mention was that I listen to a LOT of mainly old rock music, so I like my tweets to be pretty bright. I personally like what a lot of people call a little harsh with the music I listen too.

• 2 months later...