Second Skin Audio

under seats getting low

PinkFreud65

name="PinkFreud65" post="3130845" timestamp="1472305606"]sorry guys! I just went straight to sundown's site and saw the x8v2. THOSE are 540 a pop. I've tried talking him into 10s and he wants nothing to do with them. he has it set in his mind that he "needs" a 12. I might be able to talk him into 2-4 8s however. So, my question now is, can I build a ported box for 8s that will get those lows he wants from his rap music? personally, I have heard a single 8 get lower than I knew was possible for an 8, but he is still very new and ignorant to the truth about bass and the major importance of a correct box. thanks again guys! :)

Those are not 540 . Read better on the site. Says starts at that price (msrp) with the 10s . . The 8s are alot cheaper. Look them up

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

D925C268-FE43-43C4-A9DA-EF82A4EB7317_zps This is my 3 tens under seat build ,shit pounds tell your friend stop being a dumdass and shallow subs suck , I've tried many different brands and they can't get low it's not possible .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I would not run a shallow mount sub unless there ABSOLUTELY was no other choice, which is probably not your friends situation.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

i run 2 8s ports (Sundown SA8v2) on 1500 watts. It gets nice and low, just make sure the design is right for the application.

not that you can tell shit from a video, but here...

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Had 3 DD shallow 10's before my SA'10's , Not bad but can't even compare to a normal sub and for the price of the DD's u can buy much more, Only go shallow if that's the only option , then the DD's are a great choice. They were the best shallow sub I've heard so far. But still can't get low.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I've been curious about the DD Redline shallow subs, but I don't need shallow so it's never been a real consideration for me. I want someone else to have tried them so I can live vicariously. http://ddaudio.com/products/subwoofers/redline-series/sl-2/

. Still got 3 DD shallows sitting on my shelf if u live near WI

. Still got 3 DD shallows sitting on my shelf if u live near WI

No - I am up in Canadia, plus I really don't need shallow mounts in my hatchback. Was mostly curious on behalf of a friend for an update of his truck build.

Anyway on topic - sounds shallows aren't the way to go then OP to satisfy your friend's goals.

Archived